IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo Wholesale Parts - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2000 S80 T6 Blower Motor Always On, Test Resistor

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
mglaske
Year and Model: 2000 S80 T6
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
mglaske

2000 S80 T6 Blower Motor Always On, Test Resistor

Post by mglaske » Tue Sep 10, 2019 4:51 pm

Hello!
I've been trolling these forums for quite some time, and now I have a problem that I can't seem to solve..

Blower Motor remains on high speed at all times, even when ignition is off. When ignition is ON, blower motor remains on at high-speed.

I figured it was the resistor, and purchased 2 replacements, and when replacing the existing resistor, the blower motor will NOT come on anymore. I think the resistors that I received are defective.

My questions are:

1) What should the resistance read when testing the 2 legs? I'm assuming it should be something like 500 ohms on one, open on the Black to Red, and something else on the other like maybe 1500 ohms? Both of the new ones read 500 ohms on ground->one, and open on the other 2.

2) Is there something else that may be defective that's keeping the blower motor on? I know they sometimes have this A/C evaporator blower setting, maybe the computer is bad? (Although, I did take the computer out and the blower was still on high). Or are there electronics in the Driver/Passenger heating/cooling dash unit?

Thanks!