IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Transmission pulsing after new radiator install

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
MoosePond123
Year and Model: s80 2000
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
MoosePond123

Transmission pulsing after new radiator install

Post by MoosePond123 » Sat May 14, 2016 7:28 am

I installed a new radiator on my 2000 S80 and now a few days later the transmission is pulsing and the check engine light has come on. I did not replace the small amount of fluid that drained out of the radiator when I change it out because the fluid level on the dipstick was high before I started and is still at the top end following the installation. I noticed some bubbling on the dipstick which I assumed was created by the air void created within the radiator when I disconnected the lines.
Is it worth a try replacing the filter and flushing and replacing the transmission fluid, or should I have the car towed to a transmission specialty shop? Could this problem be caused by a faulty radiator where the radiator coolant is seeping into the transmission cooler within the radiator?
Is my transmission cooked or is it possible that a fluid change could resolve this problem?
Thanks.