IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

S80 boils over when turned off.

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Toddsc
Year and Model: 2003 s80 t6
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Toddsc

S80 boils over when turned off.

Post by Toddsc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 9:14 am

I have new timing belt, water pump, thermostat, bottle. Drives fine, Guage stays halfway almost exactly. When I turn car off, it immediately starts to boil over and lose all coolant. I drive with scanner hooked up, cycles between 207 and 220, never exceeding. Same Temps at idle. I never hear fan running. Runs with ac only it seems. Any ideas? Bad preasure cap cause? The bottle is new. Hownto bleed air if trapped ? I am confused. Cannot seem to solve. I love this car but getting old .

Also the rear TV in headrests quit. Any idea? Fuse?

Thanks.

tryingbe
Year and Model: None
United States of America
tryingbe

Re: S80 boils over when turned off.

Post by tryingbe » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:10 pm

Change the radiator/coolant surge tank cap would be the first thing I'd do.
85 GLH, 367 whp
00 Insight, 72 mpg

Toddsc
Year and Model: 2003 s80 t6
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Toddsc

Re: S80 boils over when turned off.

Post by Toddsc » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:22 pm

I changed it and think I had it too full.... it boiled over again and then the cap would not tighten. Cap number 2 with proper level seems, SEEMS to have corrected. I think it had the wrong cap or a bad cap prior. Verified cooling fan runs at the proper temps, etc... lets hope for the best. Any one with ideas on rear tv''s not having power? The dvd player sucked a disc in today but wont give it back now and doesnt work. Have a six year old that woudl really enjoy. Thanks a ton for your reply.