IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Volvo S80 1999 How to remove a pillar?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Volvo S80
Year and Model: 1999
Has thanked: 0
Volvo S80

Volvo S80 1999 How to remove a pillar?

Post by Volvo S80 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:30 am

Hello everybody,

I have a Volvo S80 1999 the fabric on the a pillar in the right side has started to peel and also the b pillars are in bad condition and they look garbage, I bought an headliner fabric adhesive and I want to try it first on the a pillar as it is smaller and cheaper to replace if it does not go as supposed.

Can anybody tell me how to remove it from car?

VikingSword
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
VikingSword

Re: Volvo S80 1999 How to remove a pillar?

Post by VikingSword » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:51 am

The plastic pillar cover sits in a notch at the bottom near the dash, and is held in place by some simple metal spring clips. Just grab the top and middle of the cover, and pull towards you quickly. The entire cover will pop away. Lift up and remove.
There are numerous headlines adhesives which can be used to secure the fabric. But on the pillars I've found that the best results are achieved by using a thin line of super glue along the edge. This leaves the fabric in a taught condition without producing wrinkles or other unsightly bumps.
When you're done, slide the bottom of the pillar cover into the visible slot near the dash, and then line up the clips with holes in the steel pillar. One quick push and it's back on.

Volvo S80
Volvo S80

Re: Volvo S80 1999 How to remove a pillar?

Post by Volvo S80 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:52 am

Thank you VikingSword for your reply, I will try it today and see how it goes.