IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

S80 2000 Replace halogen with HID Genuine headlight assembly

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
yuckuJackD
Year and Model: XC70; S80; S40
Has thanked: 0
Bulgaria
yuckuJackD

S80 2000 Replace halogen with HID Genuine headlight assembly

Post by yuckuJackD » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:19 pm

Hi Mates,
I've been off for a while ... I still own my S80 2000 2.9 but I also bought an XC70 2006 D5 185 Yeappyyyyy :)

It happens that i got a great offer for a set of genuine HID headlights for the S80. Mine is with simple halogen H7 bulbs, so I grabbed them without loosing any time.

The donor car:

Test plug into my wiring, without physically mounting the HID headlights:
Fire them up, LOW beam:
High beam:
Physically mounted on the car:
Sorry, it was late and dark.

No issues with mounting at all. Remove the bumper, remove the old assembly and fit the new ones.
Now some info: The Hallogen headlights has those 5W side markers in them, while the HID doesn't. When you got HID you should use turn signals with a hole for side markers in them. I'll find and replace them, it's ok.

My problem is other: My car doesn't have wiring for the auto-leveling thing in the HID assembly. Is there any workaround to make them work, or I'll have to just find a way to adjust them and leave them stationary just like the halogen ones are?

Thanks for any advice.
A member of VolvoClub Bulgaria

Of All The Things I've Lost,
I Miss My Mind The Most.

VOLVO 440 1.7i 89y. B18E
VOLVO 460 1.8 mono 91y. B18U
VOLVO S40 1.8 115hp 16V 97y. B4184S
VOLVO S80 2.9 200hp '00y. B6294S
VOLVO XC70 D5 185hp '06y. D5244T4