Amazon Cyber Monday 2020
IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2002 S80 T6 MAF Bosch part numbers

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
EChem
Year and Model: 2002 S80 T6 Anniv Ed

2002 S80 T6 MAF Bosch part numbers

Post by EChem »

Hi all:

Back to my problem with my 2002 S80 T6. Revs would drop to 400 every minute or so after starting. Threw a check engine light and codes were P0300 "Random Multiple Misfire", P0305 "Cylinder 5 Misfire", P0306, "Cylinder 6 Misfire", and P0303 "Cylinder 3 Misfire" codes. Took the MAF out and cleaned thoroughly with CRC MAF spray cleaner and replaced air filter. Disconnected battery negative cable while doing to hopefully reset computer. Put back in and idled great for 5 minutes. Took out for a test drive and got gas. Everything great until on way back after about 20 miles, came to a stop light and car just died. Was just getting on highway. Power wasn't there for the first 1/4 mile, then ran great. After 2 miles got to another light and died. Restarted and went another mile home. Shut it off. Resrted and got 2 codes on the DIM, I believe 045 and 032 (they just flashed up for a second or 2 each), then got a check engine and a message on the DIM, "Engine Service Required Soon". Checked with OBDII and got a "MAF Circuit Low Input". Doesn't make sense to me. If I cleaned the MAF, it ran great for 15 miles, then it acts like the MAF may be bad? Searched the site and Swedespeed and can't really find an answer. Started researching a new MAF My entire unit with housing is a Bosch 0280218089, which I find on FCP and Ebay. Thought I might just get the MAF sensor itself and reuse my housing to save a few bucks. My sensor is a Bosch F00C2G2065. Doesn't look like I can buy just this as new, can't find it on FCP or even a google search except for some Euro site, "Picclick". 1 on Ebay. Plenty of other, many say for S80 but end in 066. I assume these 066 may be year or engine specific (may be for non turbo?), so I guess I will have to go for the new complete sensor with housing from FCP or used on ebay, but before I throw another $125 or so at it, it doesn't make sense that after cleaning, it seemed to clear up the stalling and then got worse after a 15 mile drive?
Last edited by matthew1 on Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added hyperlink to original problem - please keep history in one topic
EChem
Year and Model: 2002 S80 T6 Anniv Ed

Re: 2002 S80 T6 MAF Bosch part numbers

Post by EChem »

Update:

Halle-freakin-lujah. Seemed to have found the problem. There was a leak in the drivers-most one of the 4 turbo tubes where the plastic tube connected to the metal tube. Evidently, when I put it back on, it must have not connected securely together where the plastic tube was over the metal tube's flange and they pulled apart creating an air leak. It was a b**ch to get on. The other 3 tubes slipped over the flanges easily, but this one for some reason would not. First tried to gently tap the front of the tube with a rubber mallet while holding the metal tube. Then put a thin film of oil around the flange and inside the plastic tube. Finally got a hair dryer and heated the end of the plastic for a good 5 minutes, then it finally went on, albeit with still a lot of elbow grease. Have run about 100 miles over the last 3 days and no stalling.