IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Code 0034 SIPS driver's seat airbag failure

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Cees Klumper
Year and Model: C70 2008 T5
United States of America
Cees Klumper

Code 0034 SIPS driver's seat airbag failure

Post by Cees Klumper » Sun Jan 01, 2017 10:17 am

My DIM showed an 'SRS airbag warning - emergency repair'. Code reader showed 0034, driver's seat airbag resistance too high. My wife told me this appeared after she had reclined the (power) seat all the way to take nap. Checking online and here I found possible causes were a cut wire, loose connection or a failed airbag. After checking and replacing a section of wire that appeared damaged, the code persisted (I could clear it, but it would come back after 5 seconds). Finally replaced the airbag itself today with a used one ($20) and presto, after clearing the code it did not re-appear. It was a bit of work to remove the seat, remove the cover (lots of hog rings etc) and figure out how to put it all back together (lots of tie wraps to replace the hog rings) but it's one of those satisfying repairs. Hope the replacement one lasts for a couple of years.