IPD sale Volvo Parts Volvo Parts guaranteed for life Volvo Parts

Airflow Troubles (P0103 P1238)

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
felipe86
Year and Model: 2001 S80
Cyprus

Airflow Troubles (P0103 P1238)

Post by felipe86 » Tue Jan 03, 2017 2:39 am

Hello everyone, this is my first post here. Thank you all for welcoming me.

I'm having some (quite major) issues with my much loved 2001 S80 2.0T.

I recently employed a terrible mechanic to change my gearbox, and not only did he do a terrible job and over charge me, but the job wasn't even completed properly. More importantly, I don't think he has put everything back together properly.

Since i collected the car from him, I noticed a hissing sound which got louder as I press the gas pedal (not necessarily with revs, but the gas pedal), and the car has certainly lost power. It sounds as if the noise is coming from behind the steering wheel, or behind the dash, though obviously I don't think that's possible, but looking under the hood I couldn't hear it over the rest of the engine noise.

Today the engine has cut out twice, and just as I arrived home I got a "ENGINE SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED" message. An OBDII scan revealed the following:
P0103
P1238
P1132 (This one I was aware of, I am awaiting the arrival of the new part)

The new gearbox and paying the mechanic has pretty much bankrupt me, and I have no money at all to call a new mechanic, or take it into Volvo.

Could anyone help me please?

I'm really hoping it's just a part that hasn't been put back on correctly, that I can fix myself

Thank you all so much in advance for your help.

Felipe

Pistol Pete H
Year and Model: 2002 S80 T6
United States of America

Re: Airflow Troubles (P0103 P1238)

Post by Pistol Pete H » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 am

I have the same problem, I get the po103, and engine system service required, I can't figure it out, I've changed the intake gasket, all related hoses, already had a new engine wiring harness, tune-up, cleaned socket for ecm male and female sockets and prongs, you name it I've tried it including a new maf, I wish I could help ya, if you get anywhere with yours please respond, I will do same for you.

Pistol Pete H
Year and Model: 2002 S80 T6
United States of America

Re: Airflow Troubles (P0103 P1238)

Post by Pistol Pete H » Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:05 am

I have the same problem, I get the po103, and engine system service required, I can't figure it out, I've changed the intake gasket, all related hoses, already had a new engine wiring harness, tune-up, cleaned socket for ecm male and female sockets and prongs, you name it I've tried it including a new maf, I wish I could help ya, if you get anywhere with yours please respond, I will do same for you.

Return to “Volvo S80 Forum”