IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2001 Volvo S80 Transmission

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
stonedog
Year and Model: 2001 S80 T6

2001 Volvo S80 Transmission

Post by stonedog »

I have an input clutch that won't pass air check. Took it apart, checked the new long-lipped seals, used Trans-Tec lip wizard, gooped everything up, input piston spins freely, ball checks are functional( don't leak),put ATF in apply orifice, applied 100 psi air. BTW 3rd clutch passes check.
Input clutch sound like lots of freely moving air; could an orifice be blocked to the piston bore?
Any help appreciated.
SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90

Re: 2001 Volvo S80 Transmission

Post by SuperHerman »

stonedog: I doubt you have blockage, unless you had massive sludge and/or metal in the unit. I also had the same issue and just went forward with it. Tranny works fine.

You can try putting it all together and testing it then. Are you testing it on its side or standing up? And difference?