IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

S80 2006 low rpm and stop

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
Rod79
Year and Model: 2006 s80
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Rod79

S80 2006 low rpm and stop

Post by Rod79 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello,
Yesterday my car sttoped suddenly when i was drivig.
I stopped in a red light,and the car started to shake and fail.finally it stopped. I could start the car again,but it hapoened again.
Now i get a check engine light.
When i start the car the rpm goes to 600 or 700 tops,and then shake and stops.
If i accelerate for a while,the car continues working in 700 or 600 rpm.
The fan is running too fast since 5 seconds after i start the car.
Some ideas about what is happening?

The timing belt was changed one year ago because an oil leak ( timing belt kit plus seals and water pump)
6 months after the replacement,the engine got the same leak.i went to the mechanic,he repaired the leak again( a broke seal was wrongly placed the first time).this second time,when he replaced that part,the chwck engine ligth went on.
He didnt know what was hapening,he replaced the camshaft sensor and battery.finally te light went off,but from that day i am having problems with the car,and the last one,is the one i told you all here.
Somebody could help me here??
I am going crazy

SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: S80 2006 low rpm and stop

Post by SuperHerman » Sun Feb 03, 2019 1:06 pm

You need to get the codes read. Too many items could be in play. One thing you can try is unplugging the MAF. Next thing would be to examine all the connections you can see, making sure they are snapped in securely and show no signs of damage.

Your problem can be related to the repairs or just a part hitting the end of its life cycle - or a flaky connector.