IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Where is it? Evap Vapor Canister Purge Valve (9470775) Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
SuperHerman
Year and Model: 2004 & 2016 XC90
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
SuperHerman

Re: Where is it? Evap Vapor Canister Purge Valve (9470775)

Post by SuperHerman » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:18 pm

Sounds like you are handy enough. Go in there and remove the unit (wouldn't hurt to match part numbers). While at it check all the hoses as they get old and leak and this could be your problem. If they are just change your hoses. There should be a couple check valves around there hooked into the system, check these blow only one way. If these items check out, while the valve is out check the harness and try cleaning out the valve with some spray solvent. Then put it back together and maybe you get some love. If you have a VOM you can check the valve, if it is two wired, I suppose you can send it some power and see if it clicks. Better yet, just unplug the harness and see if your code changes.

If you find a cracked hose, you can get common hose that will work. I just rebuilt that area on my XC90 from Autozone stock hose. If you find cracked hoses, just do the hoses and put it back together, leave the rest alone (meaning don't do the suggestions I listed above). Then see if your code goes away. If it doesn't work then try cleaning and testing the valve - cannot break what is broken.

Remember, on Volvos it may take a few drive cycles to trigger the CEL. Pulling the harness connection should give you an immediate code.