IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Oil Leak but not coming from filter/housing area or drain plug Topic is solved

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
virginiavolvolover
Year and Model: 2004 S80
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
virginiavolvolover

Oil Leak but not coming from filter/housing area or drain plug

Post by virginiavolvolover » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:07 am

Hi all,

After just changing my oil, I have noticed a small amount of leakage coming from the subframe dish (which sits to the right of the filter). Specifically, the oil seems to collect on the edge of the dish but currently in very small amounts. It is a minimal amount and have had my oil trap/flame trap recently replaced. I wonder if that has anything to do with it as I am not exactly sure what to make of it as the obvious culprits of the oil filter and drain plug are not evident of leakage.

Photo credits: viewtopic.php?t=20274

Sydt
Year and Model: 2004
Has thanked: 0
Spain
Sydt

Re: Oil Leak but not coming from filter/housing area or drain plug  Topic is solved

Post by Sydt » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 am

This is a virgin reply

I have had an oil leak seems like the same problem the problem turned out to be 2 oil seals.The leak was minimal but as time went on it started loosing more and more oil seals replaced now no leak.

Sydt
Year and Model: 2004
Has thanked: 0
Spain
Sydt

Re: Oil Leak but not coming from filter/housing area or drain plug

Post by Sydt » Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:56 am

This is a virgin reply

I have had an oil leak seems like the same problem the problem turned out to be 2 oil seals.The leak was minimal but as time went on it started loosing more and more oil seals replaced now no leak.
These users thanked the author Sydt for the post:
virginiavolvolover