IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
I'll be performing maintenance on the server March 31. I'll try my best to make interruptions as painless as possible. Thanks for your understanding.
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Losing 0.1v to/from Accelerator Pedal Sensor- where's it going and how to find it?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
andeus
Year and Model: 2004 S80 2.5LT FWD
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
andeus

Losing 0.1v to/from Accelerator Pedal Sensor- where's it going and how to find it?

Post by andeus » Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:08 am

So in my previous post, I was having trouble figuring out why my car is stuck in limp mode.

Car is a 2004 S80 2.5L Turbo with FWD

Since then, I've checked it out with VIDA, and discovered that the P2126 /P2127 error is actually a result from an issue surrounding the Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor.

Parts replaced so far:
- Throttle Body
- MAF sensor
- Accelerator Pedal Assembly

I've got PDFs of the reports here.
I also have wire diagrams if needed.
6 wires lead from the Accelerator Pedal Assembly.
One is a ground, one leads to the relevant fuse in the engine bay (fuse is not blown), 4 lead to the ECM (three of those are braided together).

According to the shop manual, the range for the APPS is

- 0.5v when pedal is completely released
- ~4.0v when pedal is completely pressed.

During the diagnostic on screen with VIDA DICE, the pedal was returning 0.4v released and 4.0-4.3v when pressed.
The results were the same with the old Accelerator Pedal Assembly I replaced, when I plugged it in for testing.

With all this being said:

--Am I correct in assuming that the 0.4v volts is triggering the DTC code and limp mode? Or is the whole range suspect?

--What would cause a drop of 0.1v? All the wires leading from the harness are smooth clean- no nicks, grays, or signs of damage.

--How do I find the problem spot or test further?
Currently cruising (or fixing) my 2nd 2004 Volvo S80 2.5L Turbo.