Amazon Cyber Monday 2020
IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Showing a lot of love to the S 80 (1999)

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the Volvo S80 model. Sometimes called an "executive car", the S80 was and continues to be Volvo's top-of-the-line passenger car.
subzerocarfanatic
Year and Model: 2000 Volvo C70 HT

Re: Showing a lot of love to the S 80 (1999)

Post by subzerocarfanatic »

Volvo S80 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:26 pm
subzerocarfanatic wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm Very well done man, I did not think there was anyone else as meticulous with their car as I am,I do the exact same procedures when detailing my cars.Getting my wife's C70 Convertible done now. Where did you get the seat foam and who done the seat repair work for the leather? Thanks for sharing,from a very anal detailer and paint correction perfectionist.... You done a super job!!
Do you mind sharing a link or the name of the products you used in the seat restoration and maybe the procedures and steps in doing the seats please
Everything you see in this post is done by me, I finished an 30 day (8 hour per day) non stop course and practice in everything you see here, expect foam.

1. I glued special pressurized chair foam on top of factory foam afterwards with knife and sanding paper i created the form and then I reinstalled the heating element for the seats.

2. Than refilled and painted the damage on leather.
Volvo S80
Year and Model: 1999

Re: Showing a lot of love to the S 80 (1999)

Post by Volvo S80 »

subzerocarfanatic wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 2:28 pm
Volvo S80 wrote: Tue Jul 14, 2020 1:26 pm
subzerocarfanatic wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:13 pm Very well done man, I did not think there was anyone else as meticulous with their car as I am,I do the exact same procedures when detailing my cars.Getting my wife's C70 Convertible done now. Where did you get the seat foam and who done the seat repair work for the leather? Thanks for sharing,from a very anal detailer and paint correction perfectionist.... You done a super job!!
Do you mind sharing a link or the name of the products you used in the seat restoration and maybe the procedures and steps in doing the seats please
Everything you see in this post is done by me, I finished an 30 day (8 hour per day) non stop course and practice in everything you see here, expect foam.

1. I glued special pressurized chair foam on top of factory foam afterwards with knife and sanding paper i created the form and then I reinstalled the heating element for the seats.

2. Than refilled and painted the damage on leather.

1, It`s simple foam cushion that is used by upholstery companies, I choose the pressurized one because it lasts longer and is better when shaping it. So you cut a piece for example for seat bolster than you glue it with foam glue that you can find in any parts store. After the glue dries you start to cut the big parts with knife shaping like it was and than you make it finer with sand paper. You should remove slowly so when you put the seat cover it is firm, but not that firm so you can`t close the cover with the metal clips. I usually leave it a bit more foam so when its over it is super cushy, but you would need someone to help while you put the clips in place.

https://www.google.com/search?q=foam+cu ... 17&bih=694

2. It`s an Italian manufacturer called Fenice, who produces the leather repair system.

Sorry for the delay on response.