IPD sale Volvo Parts

ETM - Dealer Software or DICE w/ doublebug help

Do you have a failing Electronic Throttle Module? What steps to take if you do, plus the latest ETM news. Volvo 1999-2002 models only please.
bluemortimer
Year and Model: 2002 V70, 1996 850
Canada

ETM - Dealer Software or DICE w/ doublebug help

Post by bluemortimer » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:54 pm

Hello all

I have a 2002 V70 non-turbo and my ETM went on me a couple of weeks ago.
I purchased the exact same unit (8644345 used) on ebay for a very fair price and had my volvo mechanic install it. I was hoping it would work without reprogramming but it didnt.
It is now out of limp mode and has a lot more power. However, it is running like it has a vacuum leak and my cruise wont enable. My mechanic checked it over and couldn't find a leak.

So, I am assuming I need to update the software. I have read over this forum re this ETM issue from top to bottom and see that doublebug has helped many of us.

I called the dealer and they want $150 to program it (took advice on here and told them it was a new unit)

My question is, do I bother buying a DICE unit online and ask doublebug to help me reprogram (hopefully he is charging for this service) or should I just let the dealer do it?

Or does anyone have a DICE unit in or around London, Ontario?

Thanks for your input

aanalla2
Year and Model: 2001 s60
United States of America

Re: ETM - Dealer Software or DICE w/ doublebug help

Post by aanalla2 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:00 pm

I could use ya help doublebug. Need DICE for my etm please. Works fine for week or so then sends random check engine lights for a week or so. Bought it used n the the car ran about 95% better except for the software stuff.