IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

144 bench seat babe photo, and Volvo seatbelt history

All the classics... pre-1975 Volvos.
Rattnalle
Year and Model: 2004 V70 2.5T

Re: 144 bench seat babe photo, and Volvo seatbelt history

Post by Rattnalle »

93Regina wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:08 pm
Rattnalle wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:46 pmseat belt usage is at almost 100 %.
In previous post I made, there was an URL (PDF) cited....one of the tables showed % of seat belt usage. Each state has a population density, and a state like South Dakota would have a low population density. Without re-examining this information, I think in South Dakota seat belt usage was around 70%.

I live in a low density state, and drive mostly rural roads, where a person could drive in opposing traffic's lane, about 99% of drive-time, and not hit a vehicle. About only time I use seat belts is when driving in larger cities, and sometimes, when doing interstate highway driving.

Do note, I have about 200,000 miles (321,868 km) on motorcycles....
I don't even notice that I put the belt on. It just happens when I get in a car. I think most people here are like that. You very rarely see someone not put it on. Doesn't really matter if it's just for a drive down the gravel road where I meet someone only about once every five times or so.

I haven't run into another vehicle yet in my ten years of driving but I did run off the road once at 80 kph and I'd probably have been dead if I didn't wear the belt then. The 744 was toast.

I've thought about motorcycles a few times but always come to the conclusion that I'm not into it enough to drive one in traffic. I'll get a sports car instead when that day comes..
abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70

Post by abscate »

My mom has a house three doors down from me, and I put it on to make that trip (obviously when we are headed out, not to drive 100 meters)

When my kids buckle up to move the car in the driveway, it warms the heart.
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary
93Regina
Year and Model: 93:240/940

Post by 93Regina »

Rattnalle wrote: Thu Sep 27, 2018 1:18 am I've thought about motorcycles a few times
Here is a video on "Energy saving auto dimming street lights." This driving experience seen in this video is what I experience when driving, few, if any other vehicles generally.

Most all accidents on roadways I travel around my home location are single vehicle accidents, with most common being deer accidents.

When motorcycling, in cities, or where lots of vehicles are being driven, one must be defensive, and paying attention. But, out in areas with light to few other vehicles, a driver has a better chance of hitting a deer than another vehicle.
abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70

Post by abscate »

I don't even notice that I put the belt on. It just happens when I get in a car.
For me, its start up, (maybe go out to brush off snow), buckle up, check seat and mirrors,, then off we go. That little bit of time is that 30-60 seconds of warmup I like before loading the engine.

I think the Volvo model looks about 15 years old though. Creepy.
The three-point seatbelt was first introduced by Volvo in 1959, available on the PV544 and Amazon. What Volvo did next was rather amazing. While the automaker held the patent on the three-point restraint, Volvo allowed competing automakers to use the design for free, knowing that it would save countless lives.

Today, probably sued for lowered shareholder value.

:roll:
Empty Nester
A Captain in a Sea of Estrogen
1999-V70-T5M56 2005-V70-M56 1999-S70 VW T4 BMW
Link to Maintenance record thread
Link To Volvo Glossary