IPD sale Volvo Parts

2000 V70 XC SE ETM good dealer experience

Add your opinions and ratings on Volvo dealers you've had firsthand experience with. If you've purchased a new or used Volvo, or taken your Volvo to a dealer for service, this is the place to discuss their service, prices, policies and parts. Which Volvo dealers are fair, and which should we avoid?
dsnover
Year and Model: 2000 V70 XC SE
2000 V70 XC SE ETM good dealer experience

Post by dsnover » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:24 pm

While I'm sure that there are many who have had negative experience with dealers, I have to give the thumbs-up to Brown-Daub Volvo in Nazareth, PA. I purchased my 2000 V70 XC very used, with 140k miles, in the full understanding that it needed some maintenance. However, it did run and drive decently, with no funny noises. Over the last year, I've done control arms, engine mounts, strut mounts, anti-sway bar end links, brake pads, rotors and front calipers, timing belt, water pump, oil changes. Pretty much the standard failure points (although I will ignore for the moment the driveshaft and angle gear seeping). Anyway, over the last couple of months or so, it had developed a throttle issue, where at part throttle, it would hesitate, with the tach bouncing around a bit around 2k rpm. No ETS light, no CEL. Finally got to the point where I couldn't ignore it, so I called the above dealer, explained the problem, and went in for the appointment. After about an hour, the service desk employee explained that it was an ETM failure, and that the replacement was ordered, and there would be no charge. Yes, I know it's really an extended warrantee thing and that they really don't have much choice, but they had a good attitude about a car they didn't sell, and they don't service (I do my own work in general).

Ozark Lee
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: Many Volvos
United States of America

Re: 2000 V70 XC SE ETM good dealer experience

Post by Ozark Lee » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:35 pm

It is good to hear that you had a good experience at your dealership, many of us have not. We have a special section dedicated to dealership reviews and I moved your post there as it is more appropriate.

...Lee

'94 850 N/A 5 speed
'96 Platinum Edition Turbo
'99 V70XC - Nautic Blue
Previous:
1999 V70XC - RIP - Wrecked Parts Car.
1998 S70 T5
1996 850 N/A
1989 740 GLT
1986 740 GLT
1972 142 Grand Luxe

dsnover
Year and Model: 2000 V70 XC SE
Re: 2000 V70 XC SE ETM good dealer experience

Post by dsnover » Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Ozark Lee wrote:It is good to hear that you had a good experience at your dealership, many of us have not. We have a special section dedicated to dealership reviews and I moved your post there as it is more appropriate.

...Lee

Ah. Didn't realize that, but thanks! Generally, I don't mess with the dealer, but with the ETM issue, I don't see that there's a whole lot of choice, at least for the extended warrantee fix.

Return to “Volvo Dealers”