IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics My Swedish Parts ad - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Powershift Gearbox issue

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
ronell
Year and Model: V50 2009
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Romania
ronell

Powershift Gearbox issue

Post by ronell » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:15 am

Hello!

I got my powershift gearbox repaired couple years ago, they said clucthes were changed, along with some other fixes I don't know exactly which. After aprox two years of working good, my Powershift has done it again 1.5 months ago, at the end of Dec 2018. While driving slow is a traffic jam, suddenly started to shaken seriously when switching to second gear, and after a few times of that, an error appeared (german language, didn't got to note it down), and it stopped changing gears. I had to drive back home a few miles only with 1st gear. I haven't moved it since then.
So I got myself a dice a few days ago, and investigated the error. I got what is says in the attachments.
so I have a few questions
1. Does anyone know what exactly that means?
2. Vida says it might be either oil level low, some defective sensor, or defective solenoids. But I can't see any oil leaks in there, and the solenoid didn't errored out on the tests did to itself after that.
3. I didn't moved the car since then, but giving what I found, would it be safe to give it another road test to see if either works fine or the error comes back?

I have recorded the vida diagnostics, but being the first time with vida and dice, you might find it boring. But you can look at around 4:15, when I got the error and digged into it. At around 6:05 you can see the frozen values at the time of the incident. At around 8:15 you can see the error description

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
vida.jpeg
vida.jpeg (4.88 KiB) Viewed 171 times
vida1.jpeg
vida1.jpeg (22.07 KiB) Viewed 171 times
Screenshot_1.jpg
Screenshot_1.jpg (8.3 KiB) Viewed 171 times