IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Aircleaner and Shutter Housing Vibration in Drive

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
mgett181
Year and Model: 2006 S40
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
mgett181

Aircleaner and Shutter Housing Vibration in Drive

Post by mgett181 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:38 am

Hello,

My wife's 06" S40 2.4i has the strangest problem. In drive, the air box vibrates so much that it sounds like a diesel truck. In park there is slight vibration, but little noise. However, when you put it in drive and the engine tilts slightly, the vibration really picks up and becomes loud. I narrowed this down to the passenger-side motor mount and replaced it, but there is no improvement in the vibration. I have also pretty much ruled out the Throttle Body or Idle Air considering that the idle is consistent and not a problem and the air box only vibrates loudly in drive. Could this be caused by the bushings between the air box and the engine? Could the air box itself be the problem? I cannot figure out how to take the housing out to inspect it without breaking anything, but the parts and construction appear to be pretty simple: http://www.volvopartswebstore.com/showA ... ct=1119069

Thank you very much in advance for any help you can offer!