IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

DRIVe start/stop engines on later V50s - what's the verdict?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Fjordy
Year and Model: 2007 V50
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Great Britain
Fjordy

DRIVe start/stop engines on later V50s - what's the verdict?

Post by Fjordy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 4:28 pm

Hey there,

Currently driving a 2007 V50 2.4i in the US but I'm selling it in a few weeks and moving back to the UK. I'm sufficiently happy with the V50 to want to get another and the cost of fuel in Europe is pushing me towards one of the DRIVe engine models with combined MPGs listed north of 70.

Now these early DRIVe models have been around for a good few years, I'm interested on what the overall opinion is on these engines and specifically how their long term reliability is when compared to the traditional Volvo engines. Is there much of a different between the 108 and 115 PS versions of this engine which I see listed? Any general things to be on the lookout for when buying used with 75k+ miles?

Any advice is gratefully received.
Cheers.