IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

C70 Radio and Navigation not working

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Di'sC70
Year and Model: 2007 C70 T5
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Di'sC70

C70 Radio and Navigation not working

Post by Di'sC70 » Mon Mar 05, 2018 2:50 pm

I have a 2007 C70. On 3/1/18 I took the car into the dealership for a motor mount replacement. The radio worked on Friday after I picked up the car but yesterday it did not turn on. I have no AM/FM radio, CD player, or Sirius radio working. Then I went to open my Navigation and the screen does not open up. I went in my glove box and the box that holds the navigation CD button is illuminated green. I was able to remove the CD and put the CD back in. I did notice yesterday I hear what sounded like a baby bird chirping every few minutes.
Any ideas anyone...thank you!!!

MadeInJapan
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: '98 S70 T5 '07S40T5
United States of America
MadeInJapan

Re: C70 Radio and Navigation not working

Post by MadeInJapan » Fri Mar 30, 2018 12:10 pm

If it's a very very faint chirping that's the thermostat or something to do with the fan adjusting itself. I inquired about that on another forum not long ago and got that as the answer and apparently nothing can be done without it. In regards to your audio troubles, I have no idea...would be worth checking the fuse to it which is under the glove box in a tray that slides out from behind the carpet. To fully access it you will probably need to pull the glove box although that's not that difficult to do.
'98 S70 T5 Emrld Grn Met/Beige Tons of Upgrades Mobil-1
'04 V70 2.5T Red/Taupe Some Upgrades Mobil-1
'07 S40 T5 AWD 6 speed manual! Silver/Black Stage1 Heico & Elevate
'07 S60 2.5T Blue/Taupe- my kid's Volvo