IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Need a solution before I sell my beautiful car.

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Flytrapper
Year and Model: 2009 C-30
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Flytrapper

Need a solution before I sell my beautiful car.

Post by Flytrapper » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:24 am

My Brilliant Blue, garage-kept, never-seen-snow, 2009 R-design C-30 with just over 100,000 km, has recently experienced its first real mechanical problem. I want to fix it, before I (with great sadness) put it up for sale. This is the issue:

With keyless switch in the ignition, car starts, runs perfect, stops, and all is well, until I get out of the car. Using the remote fob, I am unable to lock (or open) the doors. When I take the keyless switch out, and use the key fob to operate the car- all is well, no problem.

I realize this is not a horrible problem, and I guess I can sell it as is- most buyers won't even know about the keyless switch until they read the manual. But I love this car, and would like it to be damn near perfect when I sell it. Everyone loves my C-30, and many ask me if it is a new model- there are not many in the US. In nearly 50,000 miles of driving it, I have never seen another dark blue one. We will be living on the road in our RV after I retire soon, so the Volvo and the Prius need to find a good home.

Thanks for your help,
Karl
Wilmington, NC

jimmy57
Year and Model: 2004 V70R GT, et al
jimmy57

Re: Need a solution before I sell my beautiful car.

Post by jimmy57 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 11:30 am

Have you replaced the batteries in the remote?

Flytrapper
Year and Model: 2009 C-30
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Flytrapper

Re: Need a solution before I sell my beautiful car.

Post by Flytrapper » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:06 am

Yep. Remote works fine when keyless switch is not in ignition. Dealer said replace ignition module- $800, but seemed to be guessing.