IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
MVS-Amazon link helps MVS!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

CV axle skidding?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials devoted to the second generation C70, S40 and V50 Volvos -- awkwardly model year 2004 ½ onwards -- plus where to go for advice and discussion on Volvo's sporty C30 Coupe powered by Volvo's ubiquitous inline 5-cylinder power plant.
Viskhard1
Year and Model: 2006 Volvo S40 T5

CV axle skidding?

Post by Viskhard1 »

Hello everyone.

I own a 2006 S40 T5 - Manual Trans. Around September, I changed both CV axles, seals, and front shocks. I refilled the lost oil with Lucas 75W90. Apparently, everything was ok. But little by little, a noise began to appear on the passenger's side. It only appears when the engine or transmission case is cold and when I am stepping on the gas when accelerating. Once is hot, the noise disappears.
I can describe this noise as if the gears slides, skids... as if there is no good contact.

Please, can anyone tell me what could it be? Can anyone give me a suggestion?

Thank you.
turtlehead
Year and Model: 98 Volvo T5

Re: CV axle skidding?

Post by turtlehead »

Are you sure that you installed the correct axle for this car? I had to replace mine and some places online didn't seem to recognize that the manual transmission uses a different size axle than the automatic transmission does.

Regards,

Tim