IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

hood lift support on a 2013 S60

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
ToyoToyo
Year and Model: C70 2002
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
ToyoToyo

hood lift support on a 2013 S60

Post by ToyoToyo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:43 am

Hi everyone,

I've got a 2013 S60, and after an accident one hood lift support won't function properly. I mean, it holds the hood along with the second, which is fine, from time to time. And sometimes will simply go ahead and fall down, which drives me nuts. As far as I know, these hydraulic lifts cannot be fixed, right? Also I was wondering, maybe someone knows a vehicle that has got the same hood lift supports to fit on my Volvo? As the OE piece is backordered (I called the dealership)...

Any help is appreciated!

ToyoToyo
Year and Model: C70 2002
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
ToyoToyo

Re: hood lift support on a 2013 S60

Post by ToyoToyo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:35 am

Hi, just a quick update. Wanted to share with you folks something I've discovered on this matter. I checked forums and blogs yesterday, and it appears that there is no way to fix the hydraulic stuff that holds the hood. Moreover, it is even dangerous to do so. Next, for the S60, both driver's and passenger side supports are the same, unlike some GM vehicles that have got different driver's and passenger side units (https://www.carid.com/hood-lift-supports/). And, the coolest thing... The dealerships sell one hood support shock for around $80, and aftermarket one is around $20 plus some shipping only. So I guess that is what I'll grab for my S60.