IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2015 V60 extended warranty?

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
olddaddy
Year and Model: 15-V60/00-V40
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
olddaddy

2015 V60 extended warranty?

Post by olddaddy » Sun Apr 30, 2017 6:52 pm

Our 2015 V60 is coming up on 50K miles. The local dealer called and offered us an extended warranty on the car. Anyone have an opinion? I assumed it was through Volvo, but the literature is a company called Protective Asset Protection. I'd be interested to know if there is a recommended company by folks here on the forum.
Life is Outstanding!

oragex
Year and Model: S60 2003
Canada
oragex

Re: 2015 V60 extended warranty?

Post by oragex » Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:13 pm

I'd be very careful to read AND interpret everything the contract says. Volvo is a shameless dealer when it comes to take responsibility to any engineering faults on their cars. So what is important is really to understand what exactly is NOT covered by the warranty and this is a tricky thing to understand because they use specific words that leave place to interpretation. After 80k miles you can expect a few expensive repairs to be needed, but these will be wear items so probably not covered by a warranty. Keep in mind that Volvo has a tendency to refuse responsibility if the car was not always maintained and repaired by them.