IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

S60 D3 Charger pipes

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
Harry Subrayal
Year and Model: 2011 S60 D3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
South Africa
Harry Subrayal

S60 D3 Charger pipes

Post by Harry Subrayal » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:40 am

Good day. I need assistance please. Yesterday I started to hear a hissing sound coming from behind the center console / passenger foot well when I accelerated, note the sound, sounds as if it comes from outside the car though (this does not happen when I rev the car and it has never happened in the past). Shortly after that the engine service light came on and the car went into limp mode (going up a steep hill). I used the obd2 sensor and got the error code POOBD / POO42 which both says is got to do with the air flow meter, etc. I was told by a guy on a other forum that the hissing sound is from the charger hose that has burst and this in turn stuffs up the airflow meter, etc.

I need to know. How many pipes are there? Where is the pipes exactly? Which way would be the easiest to disconnect the pipes and remove them so I can see if any one of them has burst? I see the top of the engine does not give access to the bottom pipe.

I also would like to hear if anyone else hear would agree with the initial diagnosis?

Ps: I did disconnect the pipe that goes into the filter box and blocked the airflow with my hand and the suction is very strong. It did not feel, nor sound as if there could be a leak in that pipe. Would my assumption be correct? I drive a 2011 S60 D3 Geartronic. :( :cry:

Harry Subrayal
Year and Model: 2011 S60 D3
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
South Africa
Harry Subrayal

Re: S60 D3 Charger pipes

Post by Harry Subrayal » Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:20 pm

Thanks everyone. I have stripped the car yesterday and found that it was the rubber hose going from the turbo to the front of the engine compartment. Fairly easy to remove and install the pipe if u dont mind scrapping your knuckles. My conswrn though is...there were two pieces at the top view of the hose that had melted away a bit (this made it weak) even though it does not touch or go near any hot pipe or the engine at all. Coulf this be a manufacturing problem? Anyway. I fixed it temporRily with duct tape as a new pipe osts R2 500.00. I will buy and install the new one month end.