IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo modules repair and programming
Please use the MVS Amazon link when you buy anything at all! It helps this site. Thanks very much!

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Bad transmission slip from takeoff - 2001 Volvo S60

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
dahondaboy
Year and Model: 2001 s60t

Bad transmission slip from takeoff - 2001 Volvo S60

Post by dahondaboy »

i have a 2001 volvo s60 i ust did a drain and fill on the trans after replacing the radiator and trans cooler. the fluid was very dark when draining the trans cooler so i thought it would be a good idea to drop the fluid. well after reading the drain and fill instructions and following them closely using the maxxlife fluid it now has a bad slip from takeoff and shudder when accelerating. it is to the proper level on the stick when warm. im not sure if a valve body issue, solenoid or what. i bought this car used knowing it had a cracked radiator so i have no idea if it had a history of trans issues. i drove it around the block when i bought it and loaded it on a trailer and it had seemed to drive fine.
Last edited by matthew1 on Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: improved title, added tag
Snoopy1428
Year and Model: 2011 V60

Re: Bad transmission slip from takeoff - 2001 Volvo S60

Post by Snoopy1428 »

The transmission needs to be reset and re-adapted.
Take it to an indie shop or dealer and have the counters reset and find out how to do re-adaptation.
You should also do a fluid change a bit later on and do the pump out of the hose method , top up and do same again till you have clean fluid. Give it 5.000mi? and do it again if it looks dirty still. DO NOT overfill,the car will tell you its too full in the dash display...

BTW , the jerk at takeoff is fine as the box goes into neutral at standstill , the other issue you have is hopefully solved with all the above. If not then a good indie shop can check.
Good luck!