IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2012 S60 T5 Fuel System Issues

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials for the groundbreaking new Volvo S60 2011+, V60 2015+ XC60 2010-2018.
bkw1962
Year and Model: 2012 S60 T5
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
bkw1962

2012 S60 T5 Fuel System Issues

Post by bkw1962 » Thu May 17, 2018 9:09 am

Looking for any help on this one...

3 days ago I was at a work conference about 50 miles from home. When leaving afterward, A/C on, idling and inching forward for about 20 minutes in parking lot exit traffic, car sputters and dies. I restart, no problem. Sit for another 10 minutes, dies again. Dashboard now shows "Low Battery" (no CEL, though) and I can't restart at all. Click, click, click from under the hood. I have it towed to my mechanic. he keeps it for 2 days and pulls a P0193 (Fuel Rail Pressure Sensor Circuit High Input). He replaces the FPS on the rail and I pick it up last night. Drive home - no issues at all. My fuel level showed just above a 1/4 tank remaining - just as it did before I had it towed to him.

This morning on my way to work, I pulled in to a station to get fuel, which, for the 17 gallon tank should have taken at least 12 gallons to top it off...it only took 5 gallons before the pump vapor sensor kicked off. Thought it might be the station's pump, so I drove to another and re-tried to fill it, holding the nozzle out just a bit to see if I could see if it was full. Only took another 1/2 gallon. So now I don't know if my original issue is that the engine stalled because of the sensor OR if there was just not enough fuel being sent (sending unit or pump?). Fuel consumption and the gauge have been extremely consistent on this vehicle with no issues ever to this point.

All help appreciated!

bkw1962
Year and Model: 2012 S60 T5
Has thanked: 0
United States of America
bkw1962

Re: 2012 S60 T5 Fuel System Issues

Post by bkw1962 » Fri May 18, 2018 8:51 am

And with zero help on this and every post I've made since my engine blew over 2.5 years ago, I am out of here and sticking to Swedespeed for my answers. Apparently this site is only for folks who want to trick out their Volvos. Fair enough, but wish I had known that going in.

And Matthew....did I provide written permission to you to allow you to quote my blown engine post on your main page? Hmmm....
These users thanked the author bkw1962 for the post:
hhertz