IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

2000 v70 wagon / AC runs & stops

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

John_V70_Man
Year and Model: 2000 v70 wagon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
John_V70_Man

2000 v70 wagon / AC runs & stops

Post by John_V70_Man » Tue Jul 19, 2011 10:43 am

Hi All!
I must say that my local Volvo dealer's mechanic's suck, I looked online and found a bread clip fix for the clutch plate and removed the super heat link on the side and spliced the wires together
BAM!!!! instant cold air now going on forty minutes and still going strong! the thread I read talked about the superheat thingy being set too low and the clutch gap being too wide , I did both within 15 min and it's working like brand new again, I ad taken the car to Volvo 3 times and they had no clue as to what was wrong, I am glad the internet has brought us all together to share are knowledge on how to fix stuff.
Hats off to the guy with the bread clip fix & the guy with the superheat thingy info!

:D