IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

The secret to an xc70 radiator drain valve

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

headrc
Year and Model: 1998 v70xc
Been thanked: 0
headrc

Re: The secret to an xc70 radiator drain valve

Post by headrc » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:40 am

One last note on this topic, I bought and used the OEM Cooling Refiller kit that I provided the link on Amazon with. It worked very well. In fact I discovered a cooling system leak on my upper radiator hose with it. Take note on that ....on my 2012 XC70, I bought a replacement hose before removing the leaking hose. I should have removed it first, there is an O-ring in there that was causing the leak. I could have just replaced that for a couple of $$ ...not the $40 that a Volvo hose costs. Also ...getting those hoses on and off is a lot of fun. They have to match up correct to a couple of slots on them and require a lot of force to take off and put on ...think crowbar! Maybe I have helped someone else here ...as so many others have helped me. Thanks, RH