IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

2010 S80 Hood Latch Release Cable Replacement

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

tekline
Year and Model: 2010 S80 3.2

2010 S80 Hood Latch Release Cable Replacement

Post by tekline »

Has anyone replaced the hood latch release cable on a 2007 to 2015 S80/V70/XC70 or any P3 chassis? I cannot seem to be able to get the cable separated from the hood latches. I have the new cable and it seems straight forward but it just does not want come out of tje latches. I really do not want replace the latches to complete this job. It seems like they are corroded inside the plastic hood latch retainers (the metal sheath that the cable slides through). Pictures of removimg the cable from the latches would be awesome! In tje mean time, I have sprayed WD40 on the area to see if the cable loosens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
tekline
Year and Model: 2010 S80 3.2

Re: 2010 S80 Hood Latch Release Cable Replacement

Post by tekline »

I was able to remove the cable from the hood latches. While removing it from the driver side (left side), I ended up breaking the plastic latch insert. The passenger side (right side) was removed from the latch without breaking the plastic latch insert. In summary vise grips with penetrant oil and you just might have some luck. The cable was heavily corroded in both hoos latches. I will need to replace the left hood latch. It is hard to believe after only 10 years the hood latch release cable is so heavily corroded.