Amazon Black Friday deals
IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Remote closing rear hatch

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on the third generation Volvo V70 wagon and XC70 crossover, and second generation S80. Are you an owner? Prospective owner? Get in here and join us! Start a new topic or comment on an existing thread.

2008-2016 V70
2008-2016 XC70
2007-2016 S80

uncledave11
Year and Model: 2011 Xc70

Remote closing rear hatch

Post by uncledave11 »

New model for me! In trying to figure out all my features and options for settings, one has me stumped! I can open the rear hatch from the drivers seat or with the remote but the only way i can close it is with the button on the hatch itself. Seems a bit backward to half to get out of vehicle every time i open the hatch to close it. Anybody know if I'm doing anything wrong? Owners manual doesn't give me much in this area.

Thx

Dave
arne27
Year and Model: 2009 v70

Re: Remote closing rear hatch

Post by arne27 »

Suggestion, uncledave11: get into youtube and search for a youtuber called volvosweden. Among his videos is a detailed one which goes through the process of fitting an aftermarket module to the rear hatch which closes the hatch from the key fob. There may be more than one version of this on sale as one module fits into the switch at the rear and one which does the same job but fits into your OBD connection. Be aware there is more than one video on this particular task.
I guess Volvo had only bargained for an open hatch to be only closed by someone standing there putting something into the cargo area. In his description is an email ([email protected]) address which you can contact regarding price and delivery. All his videos are worth watching if you want detailed instructions on completing various tasks on your present xc70, v50 or other vehicles.
Hope this helps.
carboncow
Year and Model: 2003 XC70 2018 S60

Re: Remote closing rear hatch

Post by carboncow »

Dave,

It was pretty common when these were built (all cars) to only allow them to open from inside and close from outside...my guess is liability. I cannot speak to newer cars with the constant need to "wow" the consumer but I can guarantee w/o owning this model that the intent was only to open. My Vw Touareg was the same way.

The module idea sounds very cool.
Shawn F.

2001 V70 T5
2003 XC70
1996 Vw Passat Tdi
1999 Porsche Boxster
2004 Chevy Suburban LT 5.3L
2013 & 2015 S60 T5
2008 Vw Touareg T2 V6

1989 Sea Ray 340 Sundander
2007 Sea Doo Challenger 180 SE