IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Free high quality hard-wired iPod/mp3/iPhone/etc.

How to integrate your phone into your Volvo's audio. Which speakers to buy to replace old ones. Recommended head unit brands and models... This is where we talk watts, ohms, GPS, iPod integration, component installation, tips, tricks and advice for making your Volvo's audio, video, ticket avoiding and mapping gadgets work better than ever.
allhaildawg
Year and Model: v70-t5, 1998
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
allhaildawg

Re: Free high quality hard-wired ipod/mp3

Post by allhaildawg » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:46 pm

thank you so much for sharing this information.

please pardon for what may seem like a daft and obvious question. i find myself stuck at this step:

"You need to solder the left+ and right + wires to the center/wiper terminals of the pots (marked with "W" in the photo). A stereo jack/plug shares ground signals so you only need to connect one of you ground wires (they are coupled at the plug end already)."

please explicitly explain what wire goes to what connection point on the board. again, i may be a bit daft so please be detailed and assume that may not understand.

thank you. i appreciate your patience.

dmcgrana
Year and Model: S60, 2002
dmcgrana

Post by dmcgrana » Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:40 pm

Has anyone done this in a 2001 - 2003 S60?

Derekandersonpgbc
Year and Model: 1994 940 turbo
Derekandersonpgbc

Post by Derekandersonpgbc » Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:56 pm

I did this today on my 94 940. Not sure what I did but I don't need a tape playing. Sounds real good too.

jeiiomix
Year and Model: S80 T6 2000
jeiiomix

Post by jeiiomix » Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:48 pm

Dang! This site is awesome! I did the mod, and put in my Hello Nasty cassette and plugged my Xperia in the jack and it cut the tape out and played my phone. Had an inline modulator before this.... Its like VHS compared to BluRay. Glad I didn't spend the 140 for the GROM BT3. Awesome write up.

volvofanatic
Year and Model: 2003 s60
volvofanatic

Post by volvofanatic » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:40 pm

Could someone explain what point I should solder each wire to. It would be greatly appreciated.

jeiiomix
Year and Model: S80 T6 2000
jeiiomix

Post by jeiiomix » Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:35 pm

Take a 3.5mm to red/white aux cable and cut It right at the RCA jacks. Solder the red RCA side to the Rch W pin in the picture and the white RCA side to the Lch W pin in the picture. twist the two bare copper wires together and solder them to either the Lch or Rch negative pin. Make sure that the negative wires touch NOTHING else. I put a bit of tape on the board after I soldered it and layed it on the tape. Its VERY important that the 3 wires touch NOTHING on the PCB.

Lurch
Year and Model: S70 1998
Lurch

Post by Lurch » Fri Apr 03, 2015 11:11 am

IMG_0642.JPG
I just found this thread, so sorry if this is too late for all of you looking to do this two or three years ago, but, for anyone else, here is my 813 head unit with the former headphone wires in place on the upper circuit board of the tape player. I soldered the ground directly to the tape player chassis. I've tested it using an old tape adapter that I stuck in the player to "fool" it and it sounds great. Thanks again to fazoo for the basic knowledge and great photos to get me started!

tysauce1986
Year and Model: 1995 850 GLT wagon 5
United States of America
tysauce1986

Post by tysauce1986 » Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:55 am

I still don't understand. If I only have two wires from my old pair of headphones, where is the third wire coming from to create a ground?