IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

07 XC70 bad door speaker (noob help)

How to integrate your phone into your Volvo's audio. Which speakers to buy to replace old ones. Recommended head unit brands and models... This is where we talk watts, ohms, GPS, iPod integration, component installation, tips, tricks and advice for making your Volvo's audio, video, ticket avoiding and mapping gadgets work better than ever... iPod, XM, GPS, DVD, Speakers, Amps, Radar Detectors
Durenol
Year and Model: Volvo 2007
United States of America
Durenol

07 XC70 bad door speaker (noob help)

Post by Durenol » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:11 pm

The speaker in the driver's side door will intermittently cut in and out. Some days you can get it to come back for an hour by hitting it a few times, other days it just does what it wants to. I'm assuming there's a bad wire or loose connector in there somewhere.

I have no knowledge or experience with this on this car so I'm looking for a quickie noob guide. How easy is it to get to the speaker? Do I have to disassemble half the door? Is this one of those cars where I have to disconnect the battery/fuses first before messing with stuff in there? Any help/advice/thoughts would be appreciated.

June
Year and Model: 2004 S80 T6
United States of America
June

Re: 07 XC70 bad door speaker (noob help)

Post by June » Mon Aug 26, 2019 2:44 pm

Go to your Volvo dealership parts department and order a replacement speaker. Though it technically could be a bad connection, you don't want to pull the door panel twice. Once is bad enough risk as Volvo plastic does not age well. When you do pull it, be super extra careful not to stress the door panel plastic bits. If the passenger side is fine, I'd leave it alone. June

Added;
Oh, DON'T hit the door panel too much or you will break a plastic bit which will get you annoying squeaks and possibly rattles. Especially if your door panel has a plastic woodgrain strip. You will hate life if one of the plastic mounts breaks. I accidentally broke one mounting clip on my S80 and almost went crazy from the squeaks and rattles
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

My Volvo cars owned
1989 740 GLT ordered
1994 850 4door standard shift ordered
1996 960 ordered
1998 S90 ordered totalled after 3 weeks
1998 V70 GT dealer stock car
2002 S80 T6 ordered totalled
2004 S80 T6 dealer stock car and current car owned

Rattnalle
Year and Model: 2004 V70 2.5T
Sweden
Rattnalle

Re: 07 XC70 bad door speaker (noob help)

Post by Rattnalle » Tue Aug 27, 2019 12:26 am

I would say it's both really easy and relatively risk free to remove the panel. One bolt inside the inside handle. The clips around the outside edges. Just gotta be careful and not force anything.