IPD sale Volvo Parts

Mcgard Wheel Lock Removal

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
TomXC90
Year and Model: 2006 XC90
United States of America

Mcgard Wheel Lock Removal

Post by TomXC90 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 4:59 pm

I'm sure this has been spoken of before today, and after searching the internet for about an hour I did not find anyone doing what I just did to get off a set of Mcgard Wheel locks with the spinning collar. I found that hammering on a 15/16 12 point chrome socket and spinning it with the air gun back and force for about a minute at high speed and moving the gun around takes the collar off. With the collar off you can access the lug itself. I then hammered on a 18mm 6 point impact socket and with the air gun the lug bolt came right off. Thought I would share this, as I saw a lot of people getting a drill set direct from Mcgard or welding a nut on. I didn't have time for that, and this worked great. Once I figured out how to do it I got the other 3 lug bolts off in 5 minutes or so.

Tags:

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America

Re: Mcgard Wheel Lock Removal

Post by matthew1 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Thanks for the info, Tom. Welcome to MVS.

Help keep MVS on the web -> buy from sponsors.
Also -> Amazon link
Like the high quality content? Thank a moderator.
Help MVS and be an MVS Contributor.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]