MVS Moderator donations - happening now! We've blown past $200 in less than 24 hours!

JDS60R is a moderator. Whooo!

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
Flag: United States of America

JDS60R is a moderator. Whooo!

Postby matthew1 » Tue May 18, 2010 8:02 pm

Please welcome JDS60R to the ranks of MVS Moderators! (If you know of a place for him in a company, especially in Nashville TN, please Private Message him. John, I hope you don't mind me adding that.)

Training

Naturally, he's gone through the rigorous 14-week MVS Moderator training program.

Lee and Bill watch boost gauges in the background as John endures the 125MPH Forum Spam Simulator™ at the MVS Moderator International Training Center in Geneva.

Background

Straight from John:

Been working with Volvos since 1984. Didn't have money when I was young so learning to fix things was mandatory. Had my first 1 bay repair shop in my teens fixing and modifying mopeds. (rented a garage bay from Dad) Trained by an odd mix of aerospace engineers and hot rodders. This was great training because you learn how to re design and improve all components to perform at their thermal and design limits without failing.

I still remember some of the famous phrases of the engineers like - "Get it right the first time" ,"There are no tow trucks in space” and " If you don't fully comprehend how every system works and fails you are not qualified to touch the vehicle."

The hot rodders gave me passion for power and performance. I learned "A 1200 hp engine is lots of fun until you realize you forgot to improve the brakes,suspension etc" and "Winning starts with getting it past the finish line."

I graduated to working on motorcycles, then cars ,boats, trucks and RV's. European models are my favorites. I am addicted. I smile every time a turbo spools up.

I completed my apprenticeship and became a licensed vehicle damage appraiser in 1995. I spent years learning vehicle crash dynamics and forensic mechanics including all vehicle systems and diagnosis.

I've been repairing and making performance modifications to cars and motorcycles for 27 years.

Right now - I am privileged to be able to post here at Matthews. I learn from the site every day. I enjoy posting with all different types of people at different levels of automotive service expertise. Most of all it’s just nice to be talking with other people who are interested in Volvo's. My goal is to help where I can. I learned never to diagnose a vehicle without being able to inspect it but folks here do a great job of reporting what is going on. I wish I could help in person - the suspense of waiting to see if the repair worked or not is the hardest part.

MVS Moderators

Like all moderators here, John does it for the love of helping people and the satisfaction of helping owners to get their cars to run well. MVS moderators are unpaid, so if you have a minute, please thank a mod.
Please buy from MVS sponsors. It keeps this site on the web.
Like this spam-free, organized forum? Thank a moderator.
Thanks for choosing MVS!
How to help MVS.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace
2004 V70 R [gone]

billofdurham
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 855, 1995

Re: JDS60R is a moderator. Whooo!

Postby billofdurham » Tue May 18, 2010 9:46 pm

John, welcome to the team. You will soon recover from the training, at least that was what Matt told me. :roll:

Bill.
Work was good - retirement is better.

1996 850GLT 2.5 20v Estate Manual.
1995 Peugeot Boxer 2.5Tdi Autosleeper.
Previously:
1984 244DL, Manual, Beige.
1987 744GLE, Manual, Green.
1991 960 3.0 24v, Auto, Silver.
1994 940T Wentworth, Auto, Blue.

jblackburn
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 1998 S70 T5

Postby jblackburn » Thu May 20, 2010 2:12 am

Welcome to the team, John! A lot of us here have already benefited from your experience & contributions in both the S60 and 850 forums.

P.S. Alright, Matt, you've got to find a new inductee picture for next time. If you use the same one again next time I'm going to delete it. Phil and I were inducted with the same picture! 8)
'98 S70 T5
2012 Chevy Cruze LT 6MT

A learning experience is one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

mercuic: Long live the tractor motor!

JDS60R
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 2007 S60R 2007 S60

Postby JDS60R » Thu May 20, 2010 2:46 am

Thanks Everyone !!!!
Streetlight Insurance Brokers See what the market has to offer you !!!
Car, Home, Boat & Motorcycle Insurance in Tennessee
"Now its your turn to start saving"
Free VIDA Volvo code readings at my Mount Juliet, TN location

polskamafia mjl
Year and Model: 1995 Volvo 854 T-5R
Flag: Poland

Postby polskamafia mjl » Thu May 20, 2010 5:13 am

Congrats John. Your advice is top notch. And I love the picture Matt uses for inductees. I think it's hilarious. :-D
'All my money is gone and I have an old Volvo.' - Bamse's Turbo Underpants

Current: 1995 Volvo 850 T-5R Manual - Bringing it back from the brink of death
Previous: 1996 Volvo 850 GLT - Totaled

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997

Postby matthew1 » Thu May 20, 2010 4:07 pm

Justin's right, that photo I've used for the last 3 inductees! :o :evil: 8)

(I was lucky to snap that one photo of MadeInJapan way back when. The Spam Simulator emits many strong electromagnetic fields that destroy CCD sensors and film! A camera melted in my hand once.)
Please buy from MVS sponsors. It keeps this site on the web.
Like this spam-free, organized forum? Thank a moderator.
Thanks for choosing MVS!
How to help MVS.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace
2004 V70 R [gone]

jblackburn
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 1998 S70 T5

Postby jblackburn » Thu May 20, 2010 5:08 pm

Well at least he's got the humor to back it up :mrgreen:
'98 S70 T5
2012 Chevy Cruze LT 6MT

A learning experience is one of those things that says, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that."

mercuic: Long live the tractor motor!

Return to “Events, Car Talk, General Discussion & MVS Forum”