Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

USAREUR Driver License manual for Germany

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

USAREUR Driver License manual for Germany

Post by matthew1 » Mon Dec 06, 2010 5:12 pm

http://usareurpracticetest.com/ -- Run by an MVS member.

It's a practice test and study guide for the USAREUR Driver License manual. USAREUR is, as I found out through Google, the term for US Army - Europe. So this would be a study manual for US military personnel based in Germany.

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

JOFTAA
Year and Model: C70, 2008
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
JOFTAA

Re: USAREUR Driver License manual for Germany

Post by JOFTAA » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 pm

Just a quick clarification. Anyone who comes to Germany to work for DoD (Department of Defense) needs to get the USAREUR driver license for Germany. It is not just for military. For example, a school teacher working for DoD schools needs the license. So does any of the teacher's family members who wish to drive. It is a pretty long test, and the right of way rules are a lot different than what we are used to in The U.S. For example, in the U.S., we simply ignore right of way and sometimes aim for people in crosswalks to get extra points. lol In Germany, you have to obey the right of way laws.

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Re: USAREUR Driver License manual for Germany

Post by matthew1 » Thu Dec 09, 2010 2:10 pm

Thanks for the clarification, JOFTAA, and what a great service you're providing for those taking the test. German driving tests are notoriously tough, and any help is welcome I'm sure.

Meanwhile on the other side of the pond (Here in the US), I haven't had to take the driving test for over 22 years. And that was only once, when I was 16.

The written tests I've had to take maybe 4 times since then, and if you spend just a little time before the test reading the help material, they're very easy. Just arcane things like how many feet before turning should you use your signal (200ft in Colorado).

The bar here in the US is low.

Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]