IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

What Asian brand car(s) do you own?

Come on in, introduce yourself and say hi! List Volvo events here. Have a hot Volvo? Show it off here.

What Asian brand car(s) do you own?

Toyota
21%
Nissan
14%
Honda
29%
Subaru
11%
Mitsubishi
7%
Isuzu
No votes
Mazda
14%
Hyundai
4%

Total votes: 28

LetterT
Year and Model: 1998 V70R

Re: What Asian brand car(s) do you own?

Post by LetterT »

2003 Mitsubishi Montero LTD. It's been solid for the year we've owned it. It's the lowest mileage vehicle in our fleet of two at just under 115,000 miles. It's due for some brake pads here in the near future, but hasn't needed anything other than oil changes.

Coming from a GM family, it feels good to be away from the squeaks, rattles, and nickel and dime repairs. I like having a Mitsu and a Volvo in the garage.
LetterTGraphics
98 Volvo V70R AWD | 07 Chevy Suburban LTZ
KurtL
Year and Model: V70 2001

Post by KurtL »

1966 Datsun 1600 Roadster
2001 Mazda Miata SE
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997

Post by matthew1 »

I had an
'88 Honda Civic 2-dr hatchback. Great car, handled like a go-cart. Manual.
'88 Mazda 323 2-dr hatchback. Great car. Fast, given the era. Manual.
'97 Honda Accord 2-dr, 4-cyl, black with factory spoiler. Great car. Manual. Got it up to its speed governor limit on an empty desert road in New Mexico. :mrgreen:
Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

precopster
Year and Model: Lots

Post by precopster »

I've owned Mitsubishis (6 of them) dating back to a 1970 Colt then a highly modified '74 Galant coupe (your Dodge Colt) with a non standard 2.6L and 5 speed then later a new FWD 1991 Colt. After that a privately imported 1982 Scorpion 2.6L coupe (Dodge Sapporo) with trip computer, full electrics, IRS, plastic bumpers and throttle body injection. After that a Sigma 2.6L wagon. Three of these cars were transplanted with the same 2.6L engine I had hand rebuilt for the 74 coupe.

Owned a '91 Subaru Liberty ( Legacy) manual for afew years, best car I've driven that was Japanese however 100kw without AWD in a heavily loaded car made for poor grip and copious understeer.

Then a FWD Magna wagon (Diamante??) which was a great car on paper.

After I got over the Mitsubishis I turned to a '91 Mazda 626 wagon which I loved and finally bought an Aussie product (Commodore) which I loathed.

Of course I didn't know how appallingly bad most of these cars were until I started driving Volvos

Then I entered the Volvo world. 8-)

My own Colt was Malachite Green (Holden HSV colour) & had quad lights with 300W spot high beams and H4 housings for standard lights. Dangerous rear leaf springs!!

Dodge Sapporo with IRS
Current cars:2002 XC70, 2006 Ssangyong Rodius (Stavic), 2006 XC90 2.5T, VW Transporter 2.5TDI

www.precisioncarmodules.com.