IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

New MVS Hydraulic Delta Link Tool awaits you

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
JDS60R
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 2007 S60R 2007 S60
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
JDS60R

New MVS Hydraulic Delta Link Tool awaits you

Post by JDS60R » Tue Feb 16, 2016 6:33 pm

Due to continued breakage of the OE unit, I created and sent to Matt a hydraulic delta link tool. It should be available for rental now if not shortly.

It can create over 7000 lbs of force to pull out the delta link bushing (obvious overkill) .

It makes changing these bushings easy and fast.

I believe the OE version and this one can be rented from MVS . Please use at your own risk.

Here is a sneak peak. Please try it out. Its not perfect or pretty but it sure does change the bushings easily.

Contact Matthew1 for rental .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Masterworks Complete Auto Services
Volvo Spoken Here !!!
100 Park Circle
Old Hickory, TN 37138

JDS60R
MVS Moderator
United States of America
JDS60R

Re: New MVS Hydraulic Delta Link Tool awaits you

Post by JDS60R » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:42 am

The bushings or threads on the old one could not stand up to some of the stuck bushings or torque some members were applying.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Volvo Spoken Here !!!
100 Park Circle
Old Hickory, TN 37138

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:30 am

JD's is a substantial tool. If there's any delta links after WWIII, it will be around for you to use.
Help keep MVS on the web -> click sponsors' links here on MVS when you buy from them.
Also -> Amazon link
. Click that when you go to buy something on Amazon and MVS gets a kickback.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

JDS60R
MVS Moderator
United States of America
JDS60R

Post by JDS60R » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:25 am

Thanks Matt

Who will be the first user ?????

Worried about shipping ????? Shipping is the same cost as the OE unit as it fits in a medium flat rate box.
Volvo Spoken Here !!!
100 Park Circle
Old Hickory, TN 37138

KrazyKrusty
Year and Model: 1995 855 gle B5252s
Canada
KrazyKrusty

Post by KrazyKrusty » Sat Feb 20, 2016 11:01 am

I want to know how to build my own. More pictures Please! I think that thing looks amazing

JDS60R
MVS Moderator
United States of America
JDS60R

Post by JDS60R » Mon Feb 22, 2016 10:47 am

Matt will put up instructions with pics soon. I think it makes the job so fast it will be easy to rent if you don't want your own. Either way - Best Wishes.
All the metal (except top bolt from Volvo) is grade 8 or stronger (including the pin that goes into the arm -it was an issue). The last 850 I did with this I was able to do both sides (impact gun and this tool) in about an hour. That didn't count putting it up on jack stands. I have a new fixture to weld on the jack that eliminates welding to the top.
Here are some pics from the first prototype.
Volvo Spoken Here !!!
100 Park Circle
Old Hickory, TN 37138

bernao
Year and Model: 1996 850T
United States of America
bernao

Post by bernao » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:15 pm

JDS60R wrote:Thanks Matt

Who will be the first user ?????

Worried about shipping ????? Shipping is the same cost as the OE unit as it fits in a medium flat rate box.

Hi Matt/JD,

Long time listener - first time posting, actually just created an account now ;)
I'm fixing up my 96 850 that I've owned since 98. I've got all the front-end rattles *finally* taken care of, now need to tackle the rear - my delta-links are totally rotted out.

I'm totally interested in giving this Delta Link Tool v2.0 a shot, seems like the hydraulic cylinder should make things a lot easier for the pulling part, but doesn't look to help much with the seating of the new replacement part.

Is it the same deal as the "Volvo" tool - i.e. $175 deposit via Paypal? I've got the parts in-hand, now I just need the tool.

I've followed the directions cited here and waiting to hear back: http://www.matthewsvolvosite.com/mvs-to ... ng-program

JDS60R
MVS Moderator
United States of America
JDS60R

Post by JDS60R » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:22 pm

Ye of little faith.
You turn the jack around and use lower bolt hole . It presses the new bushing in for you. Works great. 80% of the metal of that unit is there just so it can press it in. Version 1 was a puller only. After I tested it I saw what a pain it was to insert new ones was. Then came version 2.

I gave this to MVS so Matt sets the terms. I'm just here to help.
Volvo Spoken Here !!!
100 Park Circle
Old Hickory, TN 37138

JDS60R
MVS Moderator
United States of America
JDS60R

Post by JDS60R » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Its ugly, imperfect and in need of versions 4 and up. It leaks a little as the ram is overfilled to provide sideways force.
Don't worry about it, or try to fill it etc. Just use it and let us know. It is a work in progress. I have used it twice now. Love it.

Try to keep the screw ( in center of jacks ram) pointed up or level. ( I stick a piece of wood under the delta arm to almost level it when pressing in.) This gives you more travel on the ram. If you run out of ram ( shouldn't on this version). Just turn out the ram center screw and compress the ram.

When pressing in the final 2 mm just needs a smack from a hammer. You can push the bushing in past were the bolt goes through the arm- it just binds up there a touch. Like I said . With lube, a 3 lbs hammer and an hour I do both sides of the car ( not counting putting it on jack stands , removing wheels ) See pic with hammer 1-2 mm left)

Have fun - Thanks for using it.
Volvo Spoken Here !!!
100 Park Circle
Old Hickory, TN 37138

JDS60R
MVS Moderator
United States of America
JDS60R

Post by JDS60R » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:51 pm

This washer (under delta bushing) is for when the rubber is destroyed in the round bushing and you don't want the metal tube to fall through the tool .
Volvo Spoken Here !!!
100 Park Circle
Old Hickory, TN 37138