IPD sale Volvo Parts

Working 2017 - Volvo VIDA That Just Works, Running on Your Laptop in 15 minutes Topic is solved

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
1MoreTech
Year and Model: 2005 S60 & XC90
United States of America

Working 2017 - Volvo VIDA That Just Works, Running on Your Laptop in 15 minutes  Topic is solved

Post by 1MoreTech » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:58 am

Hi All,

VIDA That Just Works. Update March 2017

I know VIDA can be downloaded for "free", but are the hours of your time it takes to get it running really free?

I'm new to the Forum and a fairly new volvo owner. I have a 2005 XC90 and S60, both awd 2.5. I'm a Technology nerd by day, and found Volvo VIDA software to be a complete pain in the a$$ to get running (and stay running). So I've used some tricks from my day job to create a VIDA image that simply works. I offer it on eBay, and before I get roasted for not offering it here for free, please consider that I pay monthly to host the files in in the cloud, and I spend time each week answering customer emails to ensure 100% success in running it.

I personally put hours into this build so Volvo enthusiasts can step away from the endless "how to VIDA" guides, and get back under the hood. So far I've helped over 20 Volvo owners do just that, and 'met' some cool folks in the process! If you buy from me, you're not only getting an optimized VIDA install, you're getting my tech support, and supporting a young fellow Volvo enthusiast.

For those of you interested, my link is below. Thanks! (Also, for those of you who purchase, please do reply with your experience!)

Respectfully,
-Andrew

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Download-VOLVO- ... BJ&vxp=mtr

1MoreTech
United States of America

Re: Working 2017 - Volvo VIDA That Just Works, Running on Your Laptop in 15 minutes

Post by 1MoreTech » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:29 am

Gather around team!

I get so many great questions, here's my answer to the 3 most common:

Should I buy a dedicated VIDA laptop?
  • (friendly plug for my fellow VIDA gurus) I have nothing against the folks selling a ready to go laptop with VIDA already running on it. If you don't currently have a laptop that can run VIDA, and don't have a need in your personal life for a better computer, their solution is worth considering.
  • If you decide to go my route, you shouldn't need to spend over $500 for a laptop, and I would NOT consider it a "VIDA only" computer. Consider it your new personal computer to use everyday. It's a shame when people buy a nice laptop, and let it sit only to run VIDA. You paid for the computer, enjoy it. The way I've packaged VIDA in a Virtual Machine means essentially that the physical computer it runs on, is nothing more to VIDA than a CPU, RAM, and Hard Drive. So the better those 3 pieces of hardware, the faster VIDA will run.

What computer specs do you recommend?
  • Windows 7 or 10 any version. If you need a good copy of either, a windows 7 license is 20 bucks on eBay. Upgrading to win10 from 7 is still free
  • 8gb ram (4gb will work, but starting vida will take 10 minutes, and pulling codes ~5mins). Just spend the extra 50 bucks, life is too short
  • Dual or Quad core cpu over 2ghz (must be virtualization compatible, but I've never seen one that meets these specs and isn't.)
  • ssd 120gb (can use a standard hdd, I personally do. To compensate in that case, get a USB3 64GB thumbdrive on Amazon for $17 like the "Samsung 64GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Fit (MUF-64BB/AM)". unzip the Virtual machine to the USB drive, and run it from there. Now your VM is sitting on Solid State Flash Memory, talking directly to CPU and RAM. Blazing fast!

Which physical DICE unit should I buy?
  • I personally just purchased an eBay unit for ~$80 from a seller with decent feedback. It works like a charm... Don't over think it..

Hope this helps guys!
God Bless,
-Andrew
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>2005 - S60 & XC90 - AWD 2.5
>Extent of my Volvo Experience: VIDA, Rotors, Timing/Serp Belts, Water Pump, Thermostats, Solved Leaky XC90 Roof (Actual roof leak where luggage rack attaches..come on Volvo....)

1MoreTech
United States of America

Re: Working 2017 - Volvo VIDA That Just Works, Running on Your Laptop in 15 minutes

Post by 1MoreTech » Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:03 am

If you are running into issues with the eBay link above. Try this:

Copy and paste this into another browser window (clickable links to ebay don't work correctly through Forums)
ebay.com/itm/Download-VOLVO-VIDA-DICE-2014D-LATEST-VERSION-DIAGNOSTIC-OBD2-Windows-7-8-10-/152346137124?&rmvSB=true

My ebay name is: 1moretech
Product Title in Ebay: [Download] VOLVO VIDA DICE 2014D LATEST VERSION DIAGNOSTIC OBD2 Windows 7/8/10

SantaFe75
Year and Model: 2003 s60
United States of America

Post by SantaFe75 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:47 am

Good morning, I am new to the Volvo owners club. I have several issues that require "programming" (need keys, remotes, clearing ABS faults ETC). My question is, will this VIDA software allow me to reprogram the ECU/anti-theft systems? Or, is the VIDA just a virtual service manual?

I apologize if has is a well known answer, Volvo computers are new to me (4/14/17).
Thank you for your time

1MoreTech
United States of America

Post by 1MoreTech » Thu May 18, 2017 9:00 pm

So sorry for the silent treatment! I didn't get a notification that anyone posted (probably my own forum ignorance of how to subscribe).

I do not believe you will be able to perform your above mentioned items, because those require an active subscription to Volvo. This system will diagnose a car, put it into diag mode, do all sorts of things, and would certainly 'push' a key reprogram. You're issue would be though: That when you program a key, you pay big Volvo for that cars vin locked code, and in order to pay them and have that cars key code sent to you, they require an active-online subscription.

Which means you need the new 2016 VIDA, which runs several thousand dollars a year unfortunately... I hate this answers as much as the rest of the faithful Volvo community

LBC28704
Year and Model: 1995 850 GLT
United States of America

Post by LBC28704 » Sun May 28, 2017 8:52 pm

Just want to note that I recently purchased this from 1MoreTech and it is fantastic!
Installed on a new PC, W10 x64 and had it up and running in no time.
Came across a couple installation snags that had to deal with my laptops settings only and 1MoreTech was quick to answer emails and get through it in very short order!

Recently, I had to install similar software for SAAB (WIS, Tech2) and it took me well over a week to get it finally working, and I am not computer illiterate.

HUGE time saver!

Really excited to get further into this.

Thanks!!

1MoreTech
United States of America

Post by 1MoreTech » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:32 pm

I'm so glad this is helping so many people get back under the hood!

Here's a video I just completed showing my buyers how to operate my VIDA solution. Hope it helps folks understand exactly what I'm selling, and if it would make your life easier.

Thanks!

https://youtu.be/0j18Oh8LNlw

trulsp
Year and Model: Volvo S90 D5
Norway

Post by trulsp » Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:38 pm

Grettings from Norway!

Will this software work on Volvo S90 2017 model?? and also to download and install Apple Carplay to my car??

Regards, TP Elven

1MoreTech
United States of America

Post by 1MoreTech » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:27 pm

trulsp wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 1:38 pm
Grettings from Norway!

Will this software work on Volvo S90 2017 model?? and also to download and install Apple Carplay to my car??

Regards, TP Elven
Hi,
Unfortunately no. This is Vida 2014D, thr last and latest version that Volvo produced that can be used at home without a live subscription.

2015 and onward must use Volvos online subscription, which runs several thiusand USD per year. There is a 3 day option that runs close to $100.

Essentially Volvo wants us all back into the dealerships. It's a profit model for the future of Volvo. DIY mechanics cut into their $$$

rizalvy
Year and Model: 2006 s60 2.5T AWD
Canada

Post by rizalvy » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:14 am

Hi Andrew, I created an account just so I could reply to this post, as I’ve been researching Vida dice and it looks absolutely nightmarish to get working!

I’m also a relatively new Volvo owner (a 2006 s60 2.5T AWD). It’s in great shape with just a couple issues, one of which is a “park assist service required” error and a check engine light (which I’ve diagnosed with my cheap OBD2 scanner as nothing alarming).

I’m naturally inclined to DIY repairs and I’m intrigued by the potential of your software. I’m fairly tech savvy too, but realize time is money and I don’t want to spend weeks figuring it out! I have some questions:

1) Would your software work for someone in Canada? (Interestingly, the car is an American import with Imperial measurements...more on that below)

2) Can your vida software change the car’s digital display units to Metric (km and Celsius)?

3) Can I use your software to diagnose and fix the park assist error mentioned above? E.g. identify which sensor is at fault, etc.

Thanks and God Bless!