IPD sale Volvo Parts

Working 2017 - Volvo VIDA That Just Works, Running on Your Laptop in 15 minutes Topic is solved

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
1MoreTech
Year and Model: 2005 S60 & XC90
United States of America

Re: Working 2017 - Volvo VIDA That Just Works, Running on Your Laptop in 15 minutes

Post by 1MoreTech » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:24 am

Canada? You betcha!
It works for every Volvo made between 1999-2014 rrgardless of region. I have customers in Canada, Australia, Denmark, Germany, Sweden (of course), Portugal, Brazil, the list goes on and on

2) I've not done this, but the question isnt if my version can, it is "can vida change my display to metric" the answer will be the same for both. (My guess is yes)

3) It can diagnose anything your local Volvo dealership can. You will have all yhe information a dealership will have (though unfortunately it doesnt instantly make us master technicians haha). But you will have all info for research and diagnosis at your disposal

Enjoy brother!

Volvo_Dude
Year and Model: 2007 XC90
Great Britain

Re: Working 2017 - Volvo VIDA That Just Works, Running on Your Laptop in 15 minutes

Post by Volvo_Dude » Sun Nov 12, 2017 1:47 am

Hi, I own a Volvo XC90 2007 and would like to get a diagnostic tool.

What is the difference between this and the Vbox tool?
URL: http://www.carobdtools.co.uk/wholesale/ ... -tool.html
Sellers of the vbox tool claims its replacing the older USB Vida solutions and also works for newer Volvo's.

You are selling software but no cable, and I assume a cable can be bought cheaper separately than buying it bundled with a Vida CD (that I wont use if I use your software). What cable would you recommend to use with your software?

Thanks

wizechatmgr
Year and Model: 1999 V70 XC AWD 2.4T
United States of America

Post by wizechatmgr » Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:59 pm

I would stick with DICE instead of the VBox tool. It is known to work with VIDA.

I don't think Volvo has went to ethernet in the cars yet - unlike modern aircraft...
Wisdom requires knowledge as a prerequisite, but knowledge can be developed due to a lack of wisdom.
In order to learn how to fix something, you must first learn how to break it.
1999 V70 XC AWD - ~163k miles

1MoreTech
Year and Model: 2005 S60 & XC90
United States of America

Post by 1MoreTech » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi,

Just wanted to update and confirm that my software is working fine in 2018. Latest link here: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162521223111

So sorry if I missed answering the above (please message me through eBay, and buyers get my direct gmail)

1) Yes, it works on every Volvo made from 1999-2014 all world regions
2) I've not done it, but the question would be 'is VIDA capable?' because if VIDA can do it, then the answer is yes
3) 100% yes

Pedelar
Year and Model: 2009 XC90 V8
Columbia

Post by Pedelar » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:36 am

VIDA not showing Pictures - IsoView4

Hi Andrew,

Last December I installed in my MBP (macOS High Sierra v10.13.3) using Parallels, VIDA 2014D using Windows 7 Professional SP1, 64 bit, IE9 and everything was OK. But now using the updated 2018 Patch, VIDA doesn't show pictures and I see only the IsoView4 Logo. Instead of my Volvo XC90 picture, appears one red X. Then I made several clean installations of 2014D which was working properly, but problem persists: still no pictures. The program runs, diagnostics functions works, can connect to the car with DICE , but just can't see pictures of parts, just the Isoview4 Logo. Any Ideas? Thanks!.

foxtrapper
Year and Model:

Post by foxtrapper » Tue Apr 24, 2018 4:58 am

Just installed Andrews package this weekend. Very pleased with the results.

Like everyone else, I got caught out by the date problem. I was running a 2012a version on my old XP laptop, which had worked fine. Finding a patch or editing the date in the software itself was proving to be unsuccessful.

I liked the notion of "it just works". $40, ok. Let's give it a try.

Indeed, it installed easily and basically flawlessly. Big download file, so you need somewhere with good download capability.

Following his videos walked me through it quite well. A few minor differences on the first video in particular, as Dropbox has changed its layout slightly. But nothing insurmountable.

As far as installing it on my Windows 10 laptop, it all went off without a hitch. Up and running and scanning the car in just a few hours.

Andrew was/is also very responsive to any questions and comments. That's a huge help. I didn't need any help actually, because his package is so well designed. But it was nice that he responded in minutes to my message to him about dropbox changing things around a bit.

I was concerned about my Dice and whether it would work or not. Various warnings exist saying older units that worked on XP machines will not work on newer machines. Had no problems. The 2014 software does say my Dice is out of date and should be updated, but it worked just fine. I do think the lights on the Dice light up differently now. None the less, it reads my car and that's all I need.

So, very much a worthwhile product as it indeed, "just works", which is exactly what I wanted.

IanDonkin
Year and Model: 2001 V70 2.4S Auto
Great Britain

Brilliant Service

Post by IanDonkin » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:29 pm

So I'm a UK guy who found Andrew's post on here and wanted a working version of VIDA on my MacBook Pro.

I can't speak highly enough of his product and service - I overcomplicated matters on my MacBook and went far beyond what I needed to do with Parallels (the leading PC emulator for the Mac), but one email to Andrew clarified what I was doing wrong and now I have a fully working 2018 version of VIDA. On my spec of machine, it's really quick, too.

Thanks for an exceptional service - anyone who needs VIDA should head your way!

Very useful forum too - I registered just to post this, but will likely be back...

mrjay62
Year and Model: V70XC 2002
United States of America

Post by mrjay62 » Thu May 24, 2018 9:18 pm

Hello.
I know this an old post , But has anyone bought 1moretech Vida software and can offer any input?
Was it easy to setup and get running?
Was anyone able to run live engine monitoring?
Any information Good or Bad...

Not knocking 1moretech just like to know how it's work for those that purchased the software.
I need it for trouble shooting a - 2002 volvo V70 XC...

Thanks
Jay

joshue
Year and Model: 2007 s40
United States of America

Post by joshue » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:30 pm

I just watched your explanation on youtube and you explain things so well, props for that. I have a couple of questions for you concerning Vida. Does this allow me to access TCM on 2007 Volvo s40 for adaptation/relearning procedure and fluid counter reset? Thanks in advance! :D

truher
Year and Model: 2001 V70 T5
United States of America

Post by truher » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:49 pm

Hey, just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of positive feedback for Andrew: his setup worked perfectly for my P2 V70: it's literally like three clicks, and you're in VIDA. Highly recommended.

If anybody's curious, I used this dice unit:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/291739150374?ul_noapp=true