Intalling Vida 2014D for the first time Windows 10 Home

How to buy, install and use VIDA, VADIS, DiCE, VMWare and all the questions and answers that come with these tools.
AaronsVolvo
Year and Model: 1999 V70

Re: Intalling Vida 2014D for the first time Windows 10 Home

Post by AaronsVolvo »

Okay so what I had to do was uninstall the disc from when I tried to load it the other day, before I tried downloading the repack.
Then I downloaded the repack.iso correctly.
All of it downloaded successfully this time, all of the icons are back on the screem (all in one, admin, config, vida on web).
So I go to download the patch, I download it, go to the file, click it, load to c:\ , install, then a black box appears and says tskill.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command
then it goes away. Is this what it is supposed to do?

I tried logging into Vida all in one as administrator, i go to type the login and it will not type anything into the box. I cannot copy and paste into the Username: box or type, it just wont take it.
So I went to google, found someone that said they had the same problem before installing the patch. So Obviously I have missed something again....

RickHaleParker
Year and Model: See Signature below.

Post by RickHaleParker »

Then I downloaded the repack.iso correctly. All of it downloaded successfully this time, all of the icons are back on the screem (all in one, admin, config, vida on web).

Keep the RePack put the other one away. Way away from your hard drive.

So I go to download the patch, I download it, go to the file, click it, load to c:\ , install, then a black box appears and says tskill.exe is not recognised as an internal or external command
then it goes away. Is this what it is supposed to do?

Which Patch? There is more then one, 2014A-B-D-2099 is the only one for you to use.

tskill.exe is a artifact from Windows XP, ignore the error it does not hurt anything.

So I went to google, found someone that said they had the same problem before installing the patch. So Obviously I have missed something again....

You need to stop taking advice from all over the place. Not all Vida distros are the same. Your making scrambled eggs when you should be making over easy.
1998 C70, B5234T3, 16T, AW50-42, Bosch Motronic 4.4, Special Edition package.
2003 S40, B4204T3, 14T twin scroll AW55-50/51SN, Siemens EMS 2000.
2004 S60R, B8444S TF80 AWD. Yamaha V8 conversion
2005 XC90 T6 Executive, B6294T, 4T65 AWD, Bosch Motronic 7.0.

AaronsVolvo
Year and Model: 1999 V70

Post by AaronsVolvo »

I haven’t touched the disk since I first got it. It’s been back in its box for the past 3-4 days where it will stay.

The patch from your link 2014A-B-C-D2099
If the takill.exe is a non issue, then the patch should be installed...

I also did not touch the 5th folder, only 1-4 on repack.iso.

Thanks, I know I’m about to get this....almost there....maybe today will be the day I can read the codes on my car hahah

Thank you for all of your help so far!

garagetech
Year and Model: 2004 XC90

Post by garagetech »

RickHaleParker wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:44 pm Yes you can get it to work on Windows 10 but use the 2014D RePack and the 2099 patch I pointed you to. Not the software that came with the DiCE.
I went to the link but only got some Chinese blog site. How do I get the software for windows 10?

RickHaleParker
Year and Model: See Signature below.

Post by RickHaleParker »

garagetech wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 8:45 am I went to the link but only got some Chinese blog site. How do I get the software for windows 10?
It is not a blog it is a file listing. Click here to read it in English.

1. You need to have a bitorrent client installed that can handle Magnetic links.
2. You click on the Magnetic link: to start the download.

If you don't already have a bitorrent client installed, I suggest qBittorrent. It is free and does not have the racy ads uTorrent has .. qBittorrent has no ads at all.
1998 C70, B5234T3, 16T, AW50-42, Bosch Motronic 4.4, Special Edition package.
2003 S40, B4204T3, 14T twin scroll AW55-50/51SN, Siemens EMS 2000.
2004 S60R, B8444S TF80 AWD. Yamaha V8 conversion
2005 XC90 T6 Executive, B6294T, 4T65 AWD, Bosch Motronic 7.0.

garagetech

Post by garagetech »

Great thank you I will try that tonight.

garagetech

Post by garagetech »

Okay so I added the torrent software and downloaded the Windows 10 software. The software loads and opens but will not see the dice. I bought a VXDIAG from Amazon which is advertised to be better than the old dice. Not sure if there is another way or avenue to get it to work?
I can order a Chinese VIDA from EBAY if that is the route to take?

garagetech

Post by garagetech »

Okay so I added the torrent software and downloaded the Windows 10 software. The software loads and opens but will not see the dice. I bought a VXDIAG from Amazon which is advertised to be better than the old dice. Not sure if there is another way or avenue to get it to work?
I can order a Chinese VIDA from EBAY if that is the route to take?

pappy76
Year and Model: 2006 s60r

Post by pappy76 »

Im also trying this install, but while running the second script the vida software part fails. The other 2 parts say ok but the vida part sais couldnt install.
I'm gonna try a fresh install to see if I'm missing something but the instructions are pretty clear. Anybody have a similar problem?

evilaghy
Year and Model: 2001

Post by evilaghy »

I know this is old but I just ordered this and want it to work with Windows 10. Can I still find the links? Some of them didn't work.

Help!