IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

ECC Error on 1998 V90

Discussion on the exciting new 2017 Volvo cars built on the SPA platform.
Smittysez
Year and Model: 1998 V90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
Smittysez

ECC Error on 1998 V90

Post by Smittysez » Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:09 am

We just acquired a 1998 V90. I am new here, seeking advice and help.

There is no blower or any ECC system response whatsoever. The A/C button flashes every second after initialization, and cannot be interrupted. But, the blower did work very briefly when we first acquired the car.

I have located a copy of VOL-FCR (Ver 1.3.06), but I am still trying to locate the correct cable. All info I find on this topic is 6+ years old. Any Suggestions? Is there anything newer or better for my model than VOL-FCR?

I have read that cleaning the cabin temp sensors can help, but I cannot locate them, or any online photos that look like my model. Can anyone tell be where to locate the cabin temp sensors?

ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Smitty

thomasc003
Year and Model: 2011 Polestar 2
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
France
thomasc003

Re: ECC Error on 1998 V90

Post by thomasc003 » Thu Feb 28, 2019 12:57 pm

Smittysez wrote:
Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:09 am
We just acquired a 1998 V90. I am new here, seeking advice and help.

There is no blower or any ECC system response whatsoever. The A/C button flashes every second after initialization, and cannot be interrupted. But, the blower did work very briefly when we first acquired the car.

I have located a copy of VOL-FCR (Ver 1.3.06), but I am assurance chat still trying to locate the correct cable. All info I find on this topic is 6+ years old. Any Suggestions? Is there anything newer or better for my model than VOL-FCR?

I have read that cleaning the cabin temp sensors can help, but I cannot locate them, or any online photos that look like my model. Can anyone tell be where to locate the cabin temp sensors?

ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Smitty
Every year we run a sale over Labor Day, and we’re excited to confirm that we’re doing it again.
thanks!