IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

S90 Steering Wheel Controls Not Working

Discussion on the exciting new 2017 Volvo cars built on the SPA platform.
CodyS80
Year and Model: 2018 S90
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
CodyS80

S90 Steering Wheel Controls Not Working

Post by CodyS80 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:43 pm

I recently acquired a "new to me" 2018 S90 which I love, but two weeks ago it developed a problem that I have had trouble addressing.

The "Right Side Steering Wheel Keypad" is having issues. The Left, Right arrows and Select button do not work consistently. Some days they do not work at all, though the Up and Down arrows have continued to work fine to control the volume (by default). On two occasions the Right arrow works, but not the Left.

This is frustrating as I have gotten used to having the App Menu available to make and receive calls and change media types. Now, even answering an inbound call requires more attention as I cannot just press the answer button.

As I researched the issue, I have seen others with the same problem over the past several years, but I cannot find a definitive fix for the problem. I do not see a download patch for it, and other than a suggestion to remove and reset the fuse to temporarily fix the symptom, I haven't found a solution.

Are others having this problem, and are there insights into how to permanently remedy the situation?

Thank you,
Chris