IPD sale Volvo Parts

The New XC40 - What you need to know

Volvo's first compact SUV, the XC40 is a 5-door crossover and is the lead car in Volvo's 40-series line. It's Volvo's first Compact Modular Architecture (CMA platform) car.
matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America

The New XC40 - What you need to know

Post by matthew1 » Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:13 am

A 2019 Volvo XC40 in the US starts at MSRP $39,500.

The XC40 is the first Volvo built on Volvo's new Compact Modular Architecture (CMA).
xc40.jpg
xc40.jpg (106.35 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Interestingly, Volvo has chosen to continue the "R Design" name for its sporty-ish variants of models it offers. Generally, R-Design cars and SUVs have some visual upgrades, and functional upgrades in the form of more sporting suspensions. Engine output is not improved.
xc40-r-design.jpg
xc40-r-design.jpg (96.22 KiB) Viewed 768 times
Unsurprisingly, Volvo brings in the "Thor's Hammer" headlight design that debuted several years ago on the new XC90.
xc40-thors-hammer-headlight.jpg
xc40-thors-hammer-headlight.jpg (106.97 KiB) Viewed 768 times
XC40 on Wikipedia
The XC40 will be powered through the front wheels and AWD by Volvo's new 1.5-litre three-cylinder and existing 2.0-litre four-cylinder engines, both diesel and petrol variants. There will also be a petrol-powered plug-in hybrid called T5 Twin Engine using a 180PS petrol version of the new engine, supported by a 74PS electric motor.
from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volvo_XC40
v316_slider_module_f01.jpg
v316_slider_module_a_01_v1.jpg
XC40 on Volvocars.com
Parking on busy city streets is easy in the Volvo XC40, especially with the availability of a 360° camera. This clever feature gives you a detailed ‘birds-eye’ view of your car, so you can see where it is in relation to other vehicles and objects.
Express your personality through a choice of vibrant, contemporary colours. And, depending on trim level, choose from roof and door mirror housings in black or white for an even more distinctive look.
The Volvo XC40 has a storage space on the tunnel console where a mobile phone can be stored and wirelessly charged, reducing clutter and making it easy to reach. The phone rests at just the right angle for you to pick it up easily, or glance at it if you need to.
Volvo On Call is the app that connects your phone, tablet or wearable device with your Volvo XC40 to provide remote access and a range of useful functions. It allows you to pre-heat or pre-cool your Volvo XC40, lock or unlock it remotely, find it in a crowded car park and much more.
For performance that’s in tune with urban life, our lightweight powertrains give you the responsiveness you want, with low emissions and fuel consumption.
CleanZone allows you to breathe clean air inside your Volvo XC40, no matter what the air quality is outside. This Volvo Cars innovation uses an air filter to reduce the level of dust, pollen and other harmful particles. It automatically closes the car’s air intakes and switches to air re-circulation if necessary.
from http://www.volvocars.com/en-ca/cars/new-models/xc40
v316_slider_module_c_01_v1.jpg
v316_slider_module_d_01_v1.jpg

Help keep MVS on the web -> buy from sponsors.
Also -> Amazon link
Like the high quality content? Thank a moderator.
Help MVS and be an MVS Contributor.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

Tags:

MadeInJapan
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: '98 S70 T5 '07S40T5
United States of America

Re: The New XC40 - What you need to know

Post by MadeInJapan » Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:15 am

Very sexy!!

'98 S70 T5 Emrld Grn Met/Beige Tons of Upgrades Mobil-1
'04 V70 2.5T Red/Taupe Some Upgrades Mobil-1
'07 S40 T5 AWD 6 speed manual! Silver/Black Stage1 Heico & Elevate
'07 S60 2.5T Blue/Taupe- my kid's Volvo

MEB
Year and Model: 1999 XC70 AWD wafon
United States of America

Re: The New XC40 - What you need to know

Post by MEB » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:08 am

Well, I'm hoping it's a great car, as I have one on order! At first, Volvo said delivery date in November, but now I'm told mid-August. I think because I got my order into the pipeline before a glut of orders hit their system. I put all the extras on the top-of-the-line model, and it comes to about $45,000. I consider that to be a good price, relatively speaking. Can't wait! Am getting the blue 'denim' color, with blonde leather interior. Seeing as how my beloved 1999 XC70 just decided to melt down last weekend, . . ..