IPD sale Volvo Parts

200 V70 Boost and v.e. 2-3 Shift issue?

How to go faster, stop quicker, and turn harder. Chips, exhaust, larger turbos, bigger/slotted/drilled rotors, high performance brake pads, manual boost controllers, performance shocks/struts/springs, airbox mods and more! Also discussion on HID and Xenon lights, aftermarket foglights and other exterior lighting.
Yarddogperformance
Year and Model: 2000 v70 cc se
United States of America

Re: 200 V70 Boost and v.e. 2-3 Shift issue?

Post by Yarddogperformance » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:56 am

You need to call cnc werx in geogia usa, and have a css block done, this is guarenteed for 650

On ebay there are 8000rpm 800hp rods for 300 us

Factory pistons are fine

Ebay has gtx 3071r clones for 350 us
Front mount 50mm intercooler with a 75mm outlet
Na intake has a better designe
That damn turbo manifold has to go,
It has to have 3" ex. Or better all the way back
And some larger injectors too, however if you use gasoline it is easeir to get it tuned right, at this point aviation 110 is best, but 13 gal. Of 85 with a half cup of nitro meth rc fuel should do.

Then you just tune it and see if the bevel gear and rear diff holds up.

Yarddogperformance
Year and Model: 2000 v70 cc se
United States of America

Post by Yarddogperformance » Fri Feb 01, 2019 7:13 am

Oh yeah, another thing, and this will bend rods,
At around 2500 rpm you have a set oil pressure,
So you have say 40 psi holding the rod bearings off the crank, cooling the rods, with can handle a set pressure on the rod bearing area

Under boost your efective compression pressures rise by 50% per 7 psi, so 120 becomes 210 or something similar

This upplies more than 50% pressure on the rod bearing

Now your already at 150% of the original forces
8:1 has 140000 psi of pressure under detnation,

13:1 has over 200000 psi of pressure
So in order to keep from grinding the rod into the crank and bending a rod you need more valume and pressure. Hence why every one says no boost at low rpm, however if it has it factory like a volvo does, its all simple mods, just basically shimming and drilling.

This is where my lack of knowladge statement comes from, ive read every engine building book since 1945, and that particular book, the one writen in 45, by the use gov. For returning soldures has more info on octain than you would ever imagine.

And becouse i am autistic, my talents have lead me into opertunities most wouldnt even imagine, i have restored and moddified a 1929 auburn boat tail, ive driven carol shelbys personal ac cobra, and so on, just the sad quiet kid in the corner.

Ive seen done, imagined and failed at things no one has ever tried, and i know my facts even if slightly off the pricipals are all the same

Sommerfeldt
Year and Model: 1996 850 T5
Norway

Post by Sommerfeldt » Fri Feb 01, 2019 12:59 pm

Okay... 140,000 psi? 200,000 psi?

Look. Maybe I’m autistic too, and that’s why I know that the first number is almost a gigapascal. The second is well on its way to 2 gigapascal. You have no clue what you’re saying - pressure in a high end, high tech racing engine might go as high as 1500 psi... but a gigapascal? I think not.

Have fun blowing up your Volvo. I’m out.
'96 855 T5, R bumper and spoiler, Koni Yellows & blue H&R springs all 'round.