IPD sale Volvo Parts
XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Volvo Wholesale Parts - genuine Volvo parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

List Volvos and Volvo parts for sale, want to buy, or for trade. Include your location!
McKennaR
Posts: 44
Joined: Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:09 pm
Year and Model: S70 Base, 1998
Location: XNA
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
McKennaR

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by McKennaR » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:41 am

In order to restore for loan service, I suppose it would require the tool itself back... heh. I've found a new phone number, updated as recently as 27 October, for this individual. More to follow.


Current: 89 745 turbo, 98 S70 Base 300k mi, 98 4Runner 351k mi.

xHeart
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 am
Year and Model: 1997 854 NA
Location: Great Lakes - USA
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 25 times
United States of America
xHeart

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by xHeart » Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:34 pm

McKennaR wrote:In order to restore for loan service, I suppose it would require the tool itself back... heh. I've found a new phone number, updated as recently as 27 October, for this individual. More to follow.
Good work Ryan.


--
Golden Retriever | 2014D VIDA DiCE | 2013A XC90 +140mi/225km | 2001 V70XC 1st Owner +190mi/ +305km | 1997 Volvo 850 NA 1st Owner +180mi/ +289km
Past: German Shepherd | 1989 Volvo 740 GL | 1979 Volvo 240

Matty Moo
Posts: 1769
Joined: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:38 pm
Year and Model: 850, 1996
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 12 times
United States of America
Matty Moo

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by Matty Moo » Fri Nov 02, 2012 8:40 am

I'd fight to get that thing back. It's your tool, you paid for it and it belongs to you. Regardless if somebody has issues, they know very well that it isn't theirs and it's their responsibility to return it.

I get screwed over occasionally by using the honor system, about every 4-5 weeks. Based on volume, that isn't very often but I still don't let it slide. It's usually by those that I'd least expect to do it, but there's a common theme among those that do. They usually have one or more of the following traits.

1. Self-righteousness.
2. Arrogance.
3. Laziness
4. Sense of entitlement.

I make it relatively clear that if you don't return my stuff, you're going to hear from me often. I'll call your wife at work, message you through facebook, email constantly and call often. The funniest thing about it is that in the end they'll almost always try to paint themselves as being the victim..


Image
http://www.midwest-abs.com
Simplycleanpowerwash.com

1996 850 Platinum Wagon. ARD Green Tune, OBX.-Gone
1998 s70 ARD tune, EST exhaust, SE/R interior.
1999 s70 Plain Jane.
2000 s70 GLT
2014 Ram
2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

xHeart
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 am
Year and Model: 1997 854 NA
Location: Great Lakes - USA
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 25 times
United States of America
xHeart

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by xHeart » Sun Nov 04, 2012 4:41 pm

Matty Moo wrote:I'd fight to get that thing back. It's your tool, you paid for it and it belongs to you. Regardless if somebody has issues, they know very well that it isn't theirs and it's their responsibility to return it.

I get screwed over occasionally by using the honor system, about every 4-5 weeks. Based on volume, that isn't very often but I still don't let it slide. It's usually by those that I'd least expect to do it, but there's a common theme among those that do. They usually have one or more of the following traits.

1. Self-righteousness.
2. Arrogance.
3. Laziness
4. Sense of entitlement.

I make it relatively clear that if you don't return my stuff, you're going to hear from me often. I'll call your wife at work, message you through Facebook, email constantly and call often. The funniest thing about it is that in the end they'll almost always try to paint themselves as being the victim..
You covered it right Robert.
I would add calling mother-in-law, and the barber shop. Advise him to run for something.


--
Golden Retriever | 2014D VIDA DiCE | 2013A XC90 +140mi/225km | 2001 V70XC 1st Owner +190mi/ +305km | 1997 Volvo 850 NA 1st Owner +180mi/ +289km
Past: German Shepherd | 1989 Volvo 740 GL | 1979 Volvo 240

mtd240
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:35 pm
Year and Model: 2007 XC70
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
mtd240

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by mtd240 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:28 am

xHeart wrote: What would it take to restore For Loan service, and you continue this fabulous work at MVS? What can we learn from Matty Moo's ABS service about Controls, in addition to the workings of an honor system.
I purchased the tool (after being in line for this one for a month or so - then hearing that it was stolen), and plan to use it in December-January to do the delta links on my fiance's 850.

I think what we should do is have people pay for it, and then resell it over and over. Everytime you use/resell you only pay shipping costs, just as if you had borrowed it from the owner in the first place. I don't plan on using the tool again, and would be happy to be the first to "sell" it off to the next user to start this back up again.


1990 240 DL Wagon, M47, lots of goodies. 372,000 miles
2007 XC70, white/oak
2016 XC60, osmium grey / off-black

Gone:
1978 242, lots and lots of work to get a reliable daily
1998 V70 XC, Almost done replacing everything, then I sold it :lol:
1996 850 NA, victim of sporadic tree falling. Protected the wife. RIP Volvo

Ben850
Posts: 1613
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 1:53 pm
Year and Model: 1996 850 R Wagon
Location: Michigan
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 1 time
United States of America
Ben850

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by Ben850 » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:16 am

mtd240 wrote:
xHeart wrote: What would it take to restore For Loan service, and you continue this fabulous work at MVS? What can we learn from Matty Moo's ABS service about Controls, in addition to the workings of an honor system.
I purchased the tool (after being in line for this one for a month or so - then hearing that it was stolen), and plan to use it in December-January to do the delta links on my fiance's 850.

I think what we should do is have people pay for it, and then resell it over and over. Everytime you use/resell you only pay shipping costs, just as if you had borrowed it from the owner in the first place. I don't plan on using the tool again, and would be happy to be the first to "sell" it off to the next user to start this back up again.

Let me know when you are done with it. I may be getting around to the rear end suspension by then and we can put a plan together. PM me anytime about it.


1993 850 GLT , You wouldn't know it.
1996 850 Turbo Wagon White.
1995 T-5R Black. New work in progress.
1998 V70 XC Cross Country White.
1994 850 N/A Wagon Black.
1997 850 Sedan Black.
1996 850R Wagon White.
1997 850 Sedan Red ( not white or black!)

Xpletive
Posts: 18
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:05 am
Year and Model: V70 1999, 850 1997
Location: New York
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
Xpletive

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by Xpletive » Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:12 pm

mtd240 wrote:
xHeart wrote: What would it take to restore For Loan service, and you continue this fabulous work at MVS? What can we learn from Matty Moo's ABS service about Controls, in addition to the workings of an honor system.
I purchased the tool (after being in line for this one for a month or so - then hearing that it was stolen), and plan to use it in December-January to do the delta links on my fiance's 850.

I think what we should do is have people pay for it, and then resell it over and over. Everytime you use/resell you only pay shipping costs, just as if you had borrowed it from the owner in the first place. I don't plan on using the tool again, and would be happy to be the first to "sell" it off to the next user to start this back up again.
Sent you a PM - i'm stuck right in the middle of the rear trailing arm job right now :/



xHeart
Posts: 2460
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:05 am
Year and Model: 1997 854 NA
Location: Great Lakes - USA
Has thanked: 17 times
Been thanked: 25 times
United States of America
xHeart

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by xHeart » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 pm

It would help to post DIY notes with picture using the tool. How you troubleshoot would help the followers.


--
Golden Retriever | 2014D VIDA DiCE | 2013A XC90 +140mi/225km | 2001 V70XC 1st Owner +190mi/ +305km | 1997 Volvo 850 NA 1st Owner +180mi/ +289km
Past: German Shepherd | 1989 Volvo 740 GL | 1979 Volvo 240

mtd240
Posts: 280
Joined: Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:35 pm
Year and Model: 2007 XC70
Location: Ellicott City, MD
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
mtd240

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by mtd240 » Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:23 pm

I PM'd Xpletive about the tool - if he is still interested in buying it now, then we will get this thing started! I haven't had the chance to do the work yet (the parts are too expensive and mine are *Completely* shot).

I will start a new thread, if he becomes the first stop for this new/revised "rental" thread. I don't really plan on having it sent back to me every time - although I do hope that people will continue to rent it out rather than keep it! I will be needing it sometime this year.....

Michael


1990 240 DL Wagon, M47, lots of goodies. 372,000 miles
2007 XC70, white/oak
2016 XC60, osmium grey / off-black

Gone:
1978 242, lots and lots of work to get a reliable daily
1998 V70 XC, Almost done replacing everything, then I sold it :lol:
1996 850 NA, victim of sporadic tree falling. Protected the wife. RIP Volvo

cn90
Posts: 6441
Joined: Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 am
Year and Model: 2004 V70 2.5T
Location: Omaha NE
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 80 times
United States of America
cn90

Re: For loan: Delta link bushing tool (P/N 9995497)

Post by cn90 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:32 pm

For this loan program to work, I suggest that the deposit is HIGHER than the actual cost of the tool. This way people do NOT have incentive to keep the tool.

Let's say the tool actual cost is $120.
The deposit should be $200, once the tool is returned, the person should get some $180 back ($20 goes toward shipping costs).

Also, one can buy and own the tool for 65 Euros:
http://www.skandix.de/en/spare-parts/ac ... e/1018424/


-------
On the same topic, some people build their own tools using metal:

http://www.volvoforums.org.uk/showthread.php?t=76405


2004 V70 2.5T 100K+
2005 XC90 2.5T 110K+

Post Reply