IPD sale Volvo Parts
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

Volvo Classifieds Guidelines - please read - updated 12/2018

List Volvos and Volvo parts for sale, want to buy, or for trade. Include your location!
abscate
MVS Moderator
Year and Model: 99T5 ,99S70,2005V70
Trinidad & Tobago
abscate

Volvo Classifieds Guidelines - please read - updated 12/2018

Post by abscate » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:33 pm

Buyers

Something Too Expensive?

This is a place to buy and sell Volvo parts, not argue about their worth. I do see value in trying to stop price gouging on an unsuspecting buyer, but a) it's a slippery slope that leads to the violation of our #1 rule here at MVS: be a gentleman, and b) I don't see price gouging here, ever. If it's too expensive, don't buy it. Pretty simple. But please do not comment negatively on prices listed.

No Reply?

Some of these posts are old. The forum stretches back over a decade now. Use your best judgement... generally a month is a good yardstick: if a topic's last reply was a month ago, chances are pretty good the seller has sold the item(s). Feel free to Private Message a seller under that circumstance, except if he has written that the item(s) are gone. :wink:

Sellers

Example subject line
1999 V70 T5 stick, $3900, Topeka KS
Guidelines

Please make your subject line format Year in XXXX format, Model, Price , Location

Please price your car (we suggest the NADA guide for 1994 and later vehicles) on your ad - 'make offer' and the like is discouraged. If you need help pricing, see NADA or ask in the model's forum.

This Forum is for Ads only - requests for pricing help should be posted in the appropriate Year/make/model Forum.

Location, location, location. Please tell us where the car is in the world.

Please at a minimum
  • list the miles
  • condition (parts, fair, good, very good, primo)
  • or let pictures talk for you
When it Sells

Please click this button Image next to your post. If you're on mobile, it'll be in the "..." navigation element next to your post, and it'll say "Accept this answer." Please click that. It puts a green "check" mark next to the topic title and lets everyone know it has sold.

I will not delete your listing after you sell your item(s), but I will lock it and write "SOLD" in the topic title. Just contact me.

Bumping Rules for Sellers

Bumping means posting to your thread or using the bump feature to make it "bump" to the top of the Classifieds. Please limit bumping to once every three days. That's the best frequency you may bump your For Sale post.

MVS Contributors may bump once a day.

Changing the Price, Edits etc

Yep, change the price if you need to. We want you to sell the goods. Please don't abuse the bump rule by lowering a dollar every day etc. Adding parts numbers or additional thoughts may help you sell, and that's great. Please add those if you know them.

The editing window for posts is currently set at four days, plenty of time for you to go back in and add what you need to. If it's outside this window, just post a new post to your topic.

Frequency & Grouping

Keep the max number of posts to 2 per day. Please group multiple parts into one topic if it's for a single Volvo model or group. For instance if you're selling 5 parts from an 1998 V70 (P80), make one topic. If you're selling 5 parts from a 1998 V70 and 5 parts from a 2003 S60 (P2), make two topics.
Last edited by matthew1 on Tue Feb 26, 2019 12:17 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Reason: Further edits to clarify instructions for buyers and sellers

1 SWMBO for 30 years
2 Volvos
3 VWs
4 Careers
5 cats/dogs/gears
6 Perfect Ladies in waiting
7 Drivers
8 Boats- with a big pointy metal thing on top

1999 V70 T5M 56 2005 V70 NA M56 VWs BMW

eddydavis
Year and Model: 1998 volvo v70
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
United States of America
eddydavis

Re: Updated Volvo Classifieds Guidelines March 2016 - please read

Post by eddydavis » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:15 am

Hello, I just placed an ad the other day for my 2006 Volvo S60. It has been sold and I wanted to take down the ad I have on here. Any help?

matthew1
Site Admin
Year and Model: 850 T5, 1997
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:46 am

Locked it.

Help keep MVS on the web -> buy from sponsors.
Also -> Amazon link
Like the high quality content? Thank a moderator.
Help MVS and be an MVS Contributor.

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

finni
Year and Model: 200 V70XC
Finland
finni

Post by finni » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:03 am

What is the etiquette regarding reposting local Craigslist ads that I see that might interest other users?
I was thinking I could post the ad, listing any necessary data and then add a disclaimer that I am not associated with the vehicle or seller.

Thanks,
Finni

matthew1
Site Admin
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:39 am

Hi Finni.

It's a good idea. We actually started a topic recently that does just that... Volvos listed on CL or other sites.

I might re-brand it from "Volvo Listings" to something else, more obvious. Also it could become its own sub-forum instead of a topic. But right now, there it is.

Also -> Amazon link

1997 850 T5, MSD ignition coil, Hallman manual boost controller, injectors, R bumper, OMP strut brace [gone]
2004 V70 R [gone]

kenphilli8
Year and Model: 1995
United States of America
kenphilli8

Post by kenphilli8 » Wed Jan 18, 2017 11:22 am

hello everyone on the post,i'm ken and some partners bought a building a couple of months ago and its fill with all volvo parts.
head lights,rear,seats bumpers,etc....everything you could need for a volvo up till 2010,will be glade to send pics to anyone.....

theWIFES_S70
Year and Model: 1998 S70 base
Peru
theWIFES_S70

Post by theWIFES_S70 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 9:05 pm

This space for listing and buying cars represents the best our community has to offer. I wish I'd known about MVS and this forum before I purchased our car! Might've saved me quite a bit if heartbreak! (And been better to my wallet in the long run!) :mrgreen:

That being said, I don't really feel folks with 1 or 2 posts should be trying to sell vehicles from here. I don't think they should just come to buy from here either, but I'd imagine purchasers recognize the wealth of knowledge to be cleaned on here!

Garagejournal (the tool forum site) has a protocol set in place where you aren't allowed to list tools for sale unless you have 100 posts. I think a 100 is a lot, but maybe we could have a 10-20 post minimum before being able to sell a car on here?

What do folks think?

1998 Volvo S70, N/A, 5-speed, 181K

matthew1
Site Admin
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 8:49 pm

theWIFES_S70 wrote:This space for listing and buying cars represents the best our community has to offer. I wish I'd known about MVS and this forum before I purchased our car! Might've saved me quite a bit if heartbreak! (And been better to my wallet in the long run!) :mrgreen:
Better late than never! :-)
theWIFES_S70 wrote:That being said, I don't really feel folks with 1 or 2 posts should be trying to sell vehicles from here. I don't think they should just come to buy from here either, but I'd imagine purchasers recognize the wealth of knowledge to be cleaned on here!

Garagejournal (the tool forum site) has a protocol set in place where you aren't allowed to list tools for sale unless you have 100 posts. I think a 100 is a lot, but maybe we could have a 10-20 post minimum before being able to sell a car on here?

What do folks think?
I think making rules about 0 post users posting a car for sale would reduce the number of classified ads... and not much more. I lean toward having as "light" a hand as possible. A user's post count is right under their avatar, so there's no barrier keeping that info away from a buyer.

Also -> Amazon link

2004 V70 R [gone]

dyn blin
Year and Model: 1997 850 Wgn
United States of America
dyn blin

Post by dyn blin » Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 am

Matthew- I have an acquaintance that is trying to sell a very tired V70 with a manual transmission for a reasonable price.

He's been a lurker here an says he has issues with registering.

Is it allowed to post an ad for someone else?

'97 850 GLT Wagon- Driving to see 300k in the rearview

matthew1
Site Admin
United States of America
matthew1

Post by matthew1 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:11 pm

Sure. Please have him contact me [email protected]. I'd like to follow up with the registration problem.

Also -> Amazon link

2004 V70 R [gone]