IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics Free shipping all USA - Experts in Brakes
Did you know? 🤔
Logged in users can get email notification of topic replies Log in or register (free).
Amazon Link Buy your stuff using this and it helps MVS!

98 V40 T4 fuel pressure regulator vacuum leak.

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

perkunas
Year and Model: C70 T5 2001
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0
perkunas

98 V40 T4 fuel pressure regulator vacuum leak.

Post by perkunas » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:12 am

So there is an audible vacuum leak in my brother's V40. Listening for the whistle I found that it's at the fuel pressure regulator. The vacuum elbows are too brittle to be removed without destroying them, but otherwise they don't seem to be leaking - the leak appears to be actually between the plastic housing and the fuel pressure regulator. A new OEM part costs a bit too much for a car this old (~150USD where we live), so I was wondering maybe there's an adequate replacement with the same diameter and characteristics. The Volvo part 9404583 doesn't show anything else besides OEM. Any suggestions?
One thread suggests that Marelli part number - 219244340501 is a direct replacement - seems like it should be good to go at almost a third of the price?
Same thread suggests even a Bosch might fit... http://www.bosch-automotive-catalog.com ... 0280160557