IPD sale XeMODeX - Experts in Volvo Electronics

Get email notification of topic replies. Log in or register (free). Amazon Link Buy anything with this and it helps MVS!

Motor blower fixed - covered in insulation material

Help, Advice, Owners' Discussion and DIY Tutorials on S40 and V40. In this forum you'll find S40/V40-specific owners asking and answering questions on maintenance, ownership, repairs, tutorials and almost every do-it-yourself thing you can do to save money owning these Volvos.

1996 - 2004 S40
1996 - 2004 V40

Junior1112
Year and Model: 2000 s40

Motor blower fixed - covered in insulation material

Post by Junior1112 »

For the past couple of weeks, my motor blower was making a vibrating noise as I turn it up higher and there was no air coming out of the vents. After much difficulty, I was able to remove the motor blower behind the glove box and found that the fan was covered in some kind of fiberglass insulation (see picture). I emptied that out and found lots more of the insulation material blocking a nearby air filter. Once I removed a few more handfuls of this stuff, I put everything back together and the air is flowing again. No more vibrations either. My question is...what exactly is this stuff and how did it get there? Should I be concerned that this stuff is just floating around somewhere under the dash or in the engine?

Thanks!
Attachments
IMG_0227.JPG
alschnertz
Year and Model: 1995 854T

Re: Motor blower fixed - covered in insulation material

Post by alschnertz »

Rodents.
'60 PV544, '68 220, '70 145S, '86 745T, '95 854T, '01 S40
'84 Prelude
'06 MPV
'13 Ford Focus SE